Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

I need some opinions to what wad I should create next.

Ok Doomers, after looking at Foofoo's little thread with everyone telling their ideas, with seeing so much imagination, I'm thinking you guys can help me out. I have a few wad ideas and I need you to tell me which one sounds most appealing to become a level.

Here they are:
1. Hospital
2. Mall
3. Forest
4. Space ship
5. Ice hockey rink

Please think carefully on these ideas and tell me which one you think will be an awesome level to become. The theme that has the most popularity will be the one I'll build.

-Alando1

Hospitals are good if for levels if they're covered in rust, blood, and the undergrounds contain a passage to an alternate dimension.. Forests are nice, but trees made of polygons are not. Malls are boring. Ice hockey isn't the game of me.

I say-Space Ship.

in addition to this question. I was thinking about creating a wad with a few maps to. Costum textures. Ideas? Like... What's wanted? Cuz what i want might be a lot different then what the common doom player likes. I dont really mind doing something i dont like gameplay wise, i just love mapping. No matter what it is.

i too go for space station. but you go for what your heart drives you. i completed my skulltag format level for doom, it's a waste treatment plant, and i got some decent comments on skulltag from people who helped me test it.

space station

However if you can get the trees looking somewhat decent and ground level a bit alternating a forest map would be cool.

Make a hospital space ship with a forest, an ice hockey rink and a mall :P

You could make forest (using custom tree sprites). Although there has already been a wad that is like this, Real.wad does just about everything for a forest wad.

A mall should be kinda hard, with all of those complex angles and stuff >_>

or a mall on a space ship that crash landed in a forest next to a ice hockey rink. briliiont!

I thank all of you for your ideas and I'm going to wait a bit longer to see if anyone else has ideas. I'll wait till next week to see if there are any more ideas but until then, keep those ideas coming. So far I'll keep in mind of the two popular ideas, Mall and space ship.

If any of you want to recommend another theme, please go ahead and mention if these themes are not the type you would want to see.

P.S.: at the time being, if you haven't played the wads I posted last on my site, please go a head and play them.
alando1.com

-Alando1

p.s.:If it turns out to be a mall wad, I'll accept your offer Scuba Steve, thanks.

or how about a zoo? i've always wanted to make a level that takes place in a zoo.

So far the ideas are slowing down. I'll wait a bit longer for people to reply to this thread. If I don't see anything else by the end of this week, I'll let you know what the verdict is. So far I'm leaning towards a spaceship and a mall. If no one else thinks of an idea or suggests one of the following ideas, then we can conclude that the two popular ideas will be created. This may also include some of the recommended ideas by Foofoo and Chaoscorp. Please keep sending in those ideas! I like to see some imagination. So far I'm impressed with all of your thoughts. Please keep those ideas rolling in.

P.S.: Foofoo, I'll keep in mind of that zoo idea. It sounds pretty awesome and Chaoscorp, I'll think about a McdDonalds from hell.

P.S.2.: Jimi, incase if there is no conclusion to this, I'll keep in mind of your combo idea. Also Nmn, the hospital idea sounds cool and creepy; a hospital from hell >:).

-Alando1

How about some kind of police station, or amusement park, or a huge sea cargo freighter of some sort...
You know, like those maps from Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition
Quite atmospheric themes.

Scuba Steve said:

Make an elaborate intricate mall and I would make zombie sprites when you're finished..

i think this should probably be all you need to know to make your decision.

Ok Doomers, my little thread from a few weeks ago about some of you telling me what wad to create next is finally over. All ideas were really awsome and on a skulltag rating of all of your ideas, I say it's MOST IMPRESSIVE. The verdict for new wads to come are 3 ideas.
-Mall
-Spaceship/space station
-A Zoo from hell (credits to Foofoo)

I thank all of you for your ideas and be ready to see them soon. I will create all of the three ideas and I hope you'll enjoy them as soon as they're done.

The first one I'm going to do is the Zoo because it sounds the easiest. Next will be the space ship/space station because it's a bit more complex and lastly will be the mall. If anyone wants to give me map ideas for the mall wad, please feel free to e-mail me a map layout or you can just tell me some interesting things I can put in this type of wad.

Once again, I thank all of you for your ideas and I hope that you will enjoy these wads when I'm finished with them.

-Alando1