Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

Monster-heavy wads

What are some good monster-heavy wads out there? I'd like to see if there are anymore than the ones I already have.

I have:

• Hell Revealed
  • Hell Revealed II
  • Alien Vendetta
  • Scythe
  • Scythe II
  • Eternal Doom (does this really count as one?)
  • Memento Mori (I guess this conts)
  • Memento Mori II (ditto)
What are some other good ones out there?

robindegen said:

this might be a n00b question but what's a monster heavy wad? Like with a lot of monsters?

Maps like nuts.wad.

i made a map where you're in a bunker like thing. You press a button and the walls of it go down and you're surrounded by hundreds of monsters. Put item respawn on, on 30 seconds or 1 minute, depending on how hard you want it. You can also close the walls again with another button to take a break or heal or something. It turned out pretty cool

Chrono_T said:

Hmm, sounds fun, may I play it? (if it is on idgames, aka link please.)

i didnt release it, but i can email it to you if you want.

Heh, go to newstuff and dig through all the 1994 wads, your bound to find one just chocked fulla monsters (it might suck ass though).
Requiem.wad was decent.

If you're looking for slaughter maps (maps really packed full of monsters, and masses of ammo/health), then I can suggest the following:
Punisher
Seej
Lucifer's Pool Party
Dead Perfect
Squares (not too difficult, and lots of fun)
1coopwad (not the greatest design, but if you want lots and lots of monsters, this certainly delivers)

Maps with lots of monsters:
Deus Vult
Equinox (some maps more than others - 4, 7 and 13 spring to mind)
DemoniZed
Simpevil
One Bloody Night
X-treme
Oneweek (especially the later maps)
Fortress of the Seven
Intent
KILL! Zone II
The World's End series
nilla (the monster population often isn't too great, but they always pose a significant threat)
Squadron 417 (most maps are OK for single-player; monster populations vary, but some are rather insane)

Some of these need a limit-removing port, and some require a Boom compatible port.

You might also like to check out Richie Agnew's list of favourite maps that he gave here. He clearly has a liking for violent maps. :)

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. The only reason I ask for such wads is because I have an awesome weapons mod and I'll like to put it to good use, since using it on stock maps is very overkill. :Þ

Grazza said:

You might also like to check out Richie Agnew's list of favourite maps that he gave here. He clearly has a liking for violent maps. :)

Hehe, indeed I do Graz... Indeed I do! :)

Who cares how many monsters you use, you can make an wad hard with only a fraction of it.
If your traps are set up the right way, monster placement is good it will be hard too.

There is a wad called god's house and man it is monster incarnate. It run's on legacy. This is like 2nd to nuts.wad.

-Alando1

some people just like to blast tons of monsters instead of fighting a few in cubby areas

dutch devill said:

Who cares how many monsters you use, you can make an wad hard with only a fraction of it.
If your traps are set up the right way, monster placement is good it will be hard too.

Good call :)

How about high detail crazy-ass maps like Vrack?

evilhomerdoomer said:

How about high detail crazy-ass maps like Vrack?

Detail is good as long its not overdone, gameplay is king though.

Phocas island is monster heavy, if you don't mind the lack of good part in "good monster-heavy wads". But it's fun to look at and cheat in.

dutch devill said:

I enjoy playing maps with loads of monsters, and so do many other people.

There's a map with over 1k monsters called "The Spire". It is a Source Port Level for Doom 2. Sorry but I'm a little too lazy today to post the link.

Pure Hellspawn said:

There's a map with over 1k monsters called "The Spire". It is a Source Port Level for Doom 2. Sorry but I'm a little too lazy today to post the link.

I gave a link to it. And it has over 2300 monsters, not 1000 :P