Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Judge_Dredd

Punisher TC is back up!

In the Punisher TC bonus maps, who would you like to see the Punisher confront?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. In the Punisher TC bonus maps, who would you like to see the Punisher confront?

• Spider-Man
    • Daredevil
    • Wolverine
    • The Russian

Punisher TC is no longer on hiatus. We're starting again from scratch, but using jDoom this time around. We could use a modeller, a coder, someone who's good with DEHACKED, a weapon designer, and someone who can do good graphics.

kristus said:

and also someone to do all the other things while I collect lint from my bellybutton.

Wow, you are unimaginably intelligent. You must secretly be on the team and know what we're doing and how we're doing it. :P

We're using both, actually; apparently jDoom doesn't allow for changes to weapon frames via DED definitions along with a few other things.

kristus said:

Why are you making it for both Zdoom and Jdoom? Oh nevermind, I don't want to know.

Chrono_T said:

Damnit! jDooM. :(

I was looking forward to this too. :((

Uh...

kristus said:

Why are you making it for both Zdoom and Jdoom? Oh nevermind, I don't want to know.

JDoom to please the graphic whores who don't know about ZDoom GL and ZDoom for everybody else. Duh. >_>

kristus said:

Creative input? About what?

You can't please everyone, so why bother?

Particularly about "what kinds of maps would you like to see," "What Punisher moments do you really want to see in a mod," that kind of thing.

And we're bothering because some people don't have the graphics cards to put out for 200MB of texture data.

*Er...Bump...*

What do you guys think? Should The Punisher TC be cutscene-heavy or no? What I mean is, would you like for there to be several cutscenes to convey the story better than the few text screens in regular Doom 2? An example would be, say, entering Joan and them's apartment, and Bumble inviting you (Frank Castle, The Punisher) to have some dinner with them. The Punisher would eat (3rd person now), and end the scene with full health. Later, in Frank's apartment, the window would bust out and several enemies would enter, the Punisher spinning around and pressing one of the secret buttons in the dresser to retrieve a gun.

mallis said:

bet you pound notes to mouse turds that we will see neither.

Hate to sound like an asshat, but I must agree.
This looks rather unpromising :(
Especially after the first post.

So who do You have? Idea guys and story writers?

Judge_Dredd, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

Judge_Dredd said:

Bumble inviting you (Frank Castle, The Punisher) to have some dinner with them.

the character's name is mr. bumpo, not bumble.

mallis said:

bet you pound notes to mouse turds that we will see neither.

Limey Brit

Oh, and screenshots soon. Keep your damn shorts on, me and Dredd have been working as hard as possible :P

Darkhaven said:

Limey Brit

Oh, and screenshots soon. Keep your damn shorts on, me and Dredd have been working as hard as possible :P

Just like Xdoom?

Nmn said:

Just like Xdoom?

YES, JUST LIKE XDOOM.

Screenshots in T - 30 seconds, of MAP05 and MAP15...

lol remake of D64 map01

There is now a screenshot. It's here:
http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/8862/doom00290mw.png
It's an extremely early version of Map05, titled Displace Incorporated: Infiltration. The story of it is as follows: ARC (American Research Corporation) does experiments on humans, but they outsource it to one of the corporations they own (Kinda like Microsoft and some of its stuff). This company, Displace Incorporated, tests the effects of experimental phase energy weapons on people. They have Spacker Dave, and you have to go get him and the other people they've captured at random. It also seems to you that they've been toying around a bit among other areas of mystery-sciences. You can also try and find out what they've been up to in other areas, it would help explain why this place is so creepy-feeling.
Map15: Return to Displace
You hear reports that refuted crime boss Hammerhead has been seen going into Displace several times, and money has changed hands several times as well. This is no protection racket. It's big. Hammerhead has Joan, and you highly suspect she's been taken there for questioning and possibly torture. You have to go back. You have to save Joan. You can't afford to lose anybody else.
http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00011fr.png : City Rooftops
http://img323.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doom00006sy.png : City Rooftops 2

Darkhaven said:

YES, JUST LIKE XDOOM.

Screenshots in T - 30 seconds, of MAP05 and MAP15...

lol remake of D64 map01

Than I'm happy the projects aren't dead :)

Why don't you make just a weapon and monster mod first? I think some characters from Spawn could fit in, the Violator particulary could be easy to implement.

Question to everyone: Who (or what, in the case of an organization) would you like to see as the main villain in the Punisher TC? Reasonable answers only, please.