Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

doom movie sculptures

I'd like to know if these models are legit - and if they are, how'd he get a hold of them? Either way, they're pretty cool. I wonder if any of them are haunted? : P

yes i have a doom 2 book from when doom 2 just was released. It has an interview with john romero in it and said something like this:

We are planning to make a doom movie, with a leading role for Arnold Zwartzenegger.

I guess that didnt happen, but the idea was there.

Mivalekan said:

The DOOM movie has been planned since 1997? :/

Probably before that too. I remember reading an article in an Official US Playstation Magazine mentioning DOOM as movie being done by Columbia-TriStar with Tom Berenger as a possible candidate for the Marine. Keep in mind that this article also mentioned that Samantha Mathis would be in the first Resident Evil movie and anybody BUT Angelina Jolie mentioned to play Lara Croft.

Speaking of the current Doom movie, when I get the chance I'll talk about the movie novelization coming out next month ;)

Youn said:

I'm confused now: are they making it into a rock musical? If so, they should get that freak tim curry to play the part of one of the enemies...

The Rock. You know, the wrestler turned actor? Aka Dwayne Johnson?

m0l0t0v said:

I posted that link some time ago, and you guys are just looking at it now? Well..whatever, the Spider pic is my wallpaper...

That spider looks strange compared to the original....but that's just me

NiGHTMARE said:

The Rock. You know, the wrestler turned actor? Aka Dwayne Johnson?

yeah I know this and was joking. Plus I'd really like to see Tim Curry's face bashed in. But I think the guy thought The Rock is playing the main character AKA DoomGuy - which as you know he isn't! I'm glad it's not arnold, though he may be a good bad guy

gargoylol said:

heh the hell knight has shackles

he probably was held to get his legs shaved up to his pubes

And, the forum reasches a new low.

You all have GOT to be kidding me. This is an example of quite possibly the worst design ever, not to mention that the actual quality of the sculpts is verrry poor.

You all actually believe that a high budget film like Doom is going to utilize conceptual art like this? Shit, even Total Recall...or the Fantastic-fucking-Four had better concepts than this...

Stop allowing your excitement for this film to allow naivety.

Prime said:

You all actually believe that a high budget film like Doom is going to utilize conceptual art like this?

Er... you do realise that these models were made before Doom III was even in development? They're not for the new movie, they were for an earlier proposed movie based on the original Doom. Read the eBay description before you start criticising.

Prime said:

Stop allowing your excitement for this film to allow naivety.

??? By the sounds of things you're the naive one, pal.

I think those sculptures are pretty good in a fan art sort of way. but I agree taht they are not that great. the baron for one sucks. the other's look cool but could be better. suck as the spidermastermind looking more like a brain other then a blop with a face.

Hay nice find, it looks like somebody modified the miniature.

I agree that the movie model looks more like an aracnotron. it's face even looks like that of a screaming baby.

gargoylol said:

heh the hell knight has shackles

he probably was held to get his legs shaved up to his pubes

This thread was incomplete without a demongay post from you.

Shapeless said:

that's not a cyberdemon. it looks more like a baron from the box art.

It looks like a cross between the Baron and the Cyberdemon. Pretty sure it's meant to be the Cyberdemon though, notice the handwritten caption on the upper-left "Rig for 11ft. Cyber Robot Demon". And also the thick forward-sweeping bull-style horns.

The gun he's carrying looks more like the Doom cover art Barons than the Cyberdemon's rocket launcher, same with the jaws.

Strange that they planned to use reptilian-style feet on the legs though - what's wrong with the classical hooves? And what happened to the trademark cybernetic leg?