Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Reviving dogs from the dead -- humans next?

JacKThERiPPeR said:

There are cases of zombification on something like Soviet Russia or something. I don't remember exactly where.
EDIT: Anyways, the Catholic Church will sometime argue about this, sure.

Does Cambodia sound familiar?

Janderson said:

Nightmare Doom: Wrong. Most of the creatures you have listed are attempts to describe certain mental states, werewolf being multiple personality disorder, vampires being sadists. Others like fairies would be the strange lights you get over shallow graves and marshland, which is basically mixing gases. Most of the stories written are trying to explain why somethings are, others are exaggerations of battles and heroes.

Bloodskull: Wrong. That was a dramatization.

well that means I'm a vampire warewolf. rock on.

Nightmare Doom said:

Yes Magic Does exist...

Maybe you can use magic to conjure up someone who buys that crap.

Use3D said:

Maybe you can use magic to conjure up someone who buys that crap.

Heh.. Magic is for... the internet

omg...zombie dogs...Resident Evil, anyone?

Nightmare Doom: I read, as a matter of habit, 3 Terry Pratchett novels every two weeks, even if I've already read them before. I've read the entire Dune series at least eight times, and I don't want to count the number of Hobbit/LoTR readings I have under me. And after all that exposure to quality fantasy/sci-fi (Dune is sort of both) material, I have never in my life experienced anything I could classify as magic.

I don't doubt that alternate realities exist, but you can't get into them, and they can't get into you, so why bring it up?

Long story short: stfu n00b.

DC

I wish there were some real zombies, that'd be great. I've been refining my shooting skills lately (9 out of 10 targets aint bad), and I'd love to try them out on a real target. These links just about fooled me, in fact the cambodia one did until I looked into it further. I found it strange that the BBC would have an IP for one story, but none of the others. Oh well, just getting my hopes up. I'm rather obsessed with zombies, by far my favorite of the supernatural creatures.

Jello said:

I've been refining my shooting skills lately

I saw that as I started to read your post and thought you said "school shooting skills" at a quick glance.

1. I WANT TO ATTEND HARRY POTTER SCHOOL FOR KIDS BECAUSE...

All the other kids at school make fun of me, and I want to turn them into toads with gangrenous testicles.

2. WIZARDS NEVER....

Wizards never take shit from people. If someone's like, "You suck!", then a wizard is all, "Oh hell no you didn't!", and then he blasts them into oblivion with a snap of his fingers.

One time, I saw this wizard totally flip out and turn this kid inside out for opening a window.

3. WIZARDS ALWAYS....

Wizards always get the hot bitches. Women love a man who can cast Gorpaks' Giant Genitals right before they get it on. They love the sight of a fourteen foot member erupting from a bald, empty crotch.

DC

while whe're on the subject of lunatic discoveries in the feild of science, how long do you think it will take before this zombie technology crosses with cloning?

Nightmare Doom said:

I rather become a Necromancer....

Must resist urge to point and laugh...

DC

Nightmare Doom said:

I rather become a Necromancer....

Wow, some people here sure live in a fantasy world. Somehow i prefer zombies to necromancers.... Zombies are dumb, necromancers damn creepy.

Quast said:

"I think in 10 years we will be able to prevent death in a certain segment of those using this technology"

aren't there enough people alive already?

edit: boffins?

Perphaps an Army of Darkness can be realized!

I don't believe it's true.

Here's why:

A. I searched major news sites (NBC and others) and found no stories about "zombie dogs"

B. It's possible that the dog was not really dead but could have been in a coma or it might have been sleeping. 3 Hours is a really short time period.

C. Announcing that they are going to resurrect dead humans makes it sound like a scam.

It might encourage murder because the killer would be thinking "Ah, I can just resurrect the person."

I wonder how long the tissue in the body can stay preserved and undamaged at sub 0 temperatures, surely there must be damage to the organs and brain eventually.

Generally when tissue goes below freezing the water in it crystalizes to ice and ruptures the cells, destroying them.

Dr. Zin said:

Generally when tissue goes below freezing the water in it crystalizes to ice and ruptures the cells, destroying them.

I'm aware of this but they said a few degrees above freezing.

Tyockell said:

I'm aware of this but they said a few degrees above freezing.

then it wouldn't be "sub 0 temperatures" as you say