Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solarsnowfall

Could not find required lump PLAYPAL

Simple enough. Trying to create a new wad in Doom Builder for ZDoom in Hexen Format. When doing so I get 2 warnings, can't find PLAYPAL, can't find TEXTURE1 and TEXTURE2. Anything I try to make is unplayable. Have looked throughout this forum but haven't found anything usefull. Anybody point me in the right direction?

Well, easy enough. Now, I want to make a wad, using another iwad. I wanted to mess around with the monster resource wad and play with some different baddies. How can I rig up doom builder so that I can make a new wad, using the monsters from that file? My first inclination was to load the wad I wanted to use the characters from instead of doom2.wad when starting a new map. That's what got me the error. I'm just trying to make a wad that will work when loaded with the base iwad when starting zdoom (zdoom.exe -file monsterwad mywad). I used to do this all the time when testing out textures, can this be done with new THINGS?

I tried just adding things and setting their values to match the ones in the other wad, in hopes that they would be recognised when played with the monster resource wad. It leaves a gray dot withe a "?". But I can't test it because the nodes won't build. I've got it set to zdbsp. Yet another noobish situation arises.

Ah success. Zdbsp was refferenced to the wrong directory. Don't know why it would automatically be set wrong, since i didn't change it... Thanks for the other tip earlier though.

I'm trying to use the monsters resource pack also snowfall. Did the nodebuilder thing fix everything? I was having the same problem as you, but im confused by your posts. What exactly did the node builder fix? any help would be cool.