Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deathz0r

Introducing: omgwpns.wad (FINISHED)

OMG Weapons! (and Monsters) is now officially complete and is in /incoming. If you can't wait that long, then download it from here!

http://deathz0r.unidoom.org/files/omgwpns.zip

Screenshots with doom2.wad:
MAP01
MAP15
MAP26

Promo videos, packed with more action than Action Doom:
http://deathz0r.unidoom.org/junk/omgwpns.avi - 2:48, 12mb, XviD codec required (NEW VERSION WITH MORE AWESOME)
http://deathz0r.unidoom.org/junk/omgwpns2.avi - 1:25, 8mb, XviD codec required (demostration of anti-boss weapon)

Works on any map (EDIT: and most Ultimate Doom maps!), as long as there's no scripts referring to specific monsters. This little mod requires the absolute latest version of the ZDoom Community Extended Build.

New weapons count: 20
New monsters count: 43

READ THE TEXT FILE

Very fun and interesting :)

Makes playing Gotcha pistol start on UV hard again. Very well balanced mod. Well done.

deathz0r said:

more action than Action Doom

No...that's not true...that's impossible! NOOOOOOO!!! :Þ

Cool mod, Deathz0r.

Crazy doomguy said:

I downloaded this WAD but it was put into Microsoft
Excel and I couldnt play it why i this

o_____________O

Crazy doomguy said:

I downloaded this WAD but it was put into Microsoft
Excel and I couldnt play it why i this

W...T...F

Try using it with ZDoom... :S

Actually you get quite an interesting chart in Excel if you select the entire spreadsheet and make a Radar chart. I couldn't get it to open with Powerpoint though, and playing it with ModPlug Player is no good either. :(

It's going good for the most part. I might take some ideas from OMGWPNS and add them into do-tims (like I did vice-versa).

Grazza said:

Actually you get quite an interesting chart in Excel if you select the entire spreadsheet and make a Radar chart. I couldn't get it to open with Powerpoint though, and playing it with ModPlug Player is no good either. :(

cooledit usually garners interesting results, especially if the .wad has lots of sounds.

question:

How did you capture the video? I mean seriously. I want to do that too.
If you can tell me then write it here down.

CHAOS:....

Wow, Deathzor, you've been hard at it. Is any of that stuff from the monster resource wad? I'm thinking the giant monsters ought to have lower pitch sound effects of their own, IMHO.
Also, how would you compare HyperCam to Fraps? I know someone who uses Fraps exclusively, but I've heard it isn't is good as other recording programs.

those monsters are his own creations. colours and all. Remember the doom pallete changes that were supposed to be in the original doom? well, Deathz0r's using those.

Piezo said:

Wow, Deathzor, you've been hard at it.

Thanks a lot.

Is any of that stuff from the monster resource wad? I'm thinking the giant monsters ought to have lower pitch sound effects of their own, IMHO.

There's nothing from the monster resource WAD. Like CSonic said, it's 100% my own creation. I'll add lower pitched sounds for the giant monsters.

Also, how would you compare HyperCam to Fraps? I know someone who uses Fraps exclusively, but I've heard it isn't is good as other recording programs.

HyperCam and Fraps work in different ways. Fraps only works with programs that utilise Direct3D and OpenGL, while HyperCam works more... effectively with software-rendered programs such as ZDoom, considering you disable video acceleration. You're also able to choose your own preferred encoder with HyperCam, whereas it's not possible with Fraps (only does uncompressed).

Nightmare Doom said:

Is the Giant Cacodemon Invulnerable?

No, the second video proves that. =P

Message for Deathzor, When I tried your omgweapons on ZDoom 96, an error message came up saying that there was a script error in the DECORATE lump in line 8. Can you tell me if this error is really the script or is it ZDoom itself. Please notify me ASAP because when I looked at the screen shots for this it looked really cool as well as fun. (Don't worry about the other message on the other thread about your weapon wad, it's the same one as this but modified.)

-Alando1

This is pretty much one of the best wads i ever played, but somethings don't tend to make sense......OK, i was playin suburbs on DOOMII and after like 10 mins into game i killed all archs amd all the imps. then a barrage of imps jus come out of no where! this has never happened before..... is there like a monster that summons imps or something because i was runnin out of ammo and was basiclly thrown my chainsaw and picking it back up over and over again....
If there is a monster that can summon imps......COOL!

alando1 said:

Message for Deathzor, When I tried your omgweapons on ZDoom 96, an error message came up saying that there was a script error in the DECORATE lump in line 8. Can you tell me if this error is really the script or is it ZDoom itself. Please notify me ASAP because when I looked at the screen shots for this it looked really cool as well as fun. (Don't worry about the other message on the other thread about your weapon wad, it's the same one as this but modified.)

-Alando1

You know what PM is right?

In the name of GWAR said:

Tis there like a monster that summons imps or something because i was runnin out of ammo and was basiclly thrown my chainsaw and picking it back up over and over again....
If there is a monster that can summon imps......COOL!

There is a revenant variation that summons basic imps, and an archvile variation that summons the advanced imps.

Thanks for the comments as well. =]

I'm having the same problem as Alando is, and I don't know what PM is. (Unless you're referring to private message, but I doubt it.

Actually, he was referring to Private Messages, but anyways...

This requires the ZDoom Community Build. If you would have read deathzor's original post in the thread, Bashe's post, or even the text file that came with the wad, though, you would have known that.