Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ebon

MBF wads... where? where??

I'd like to know which wads you know are made for MBF and take advantage of it. Besides Artica series, thanks. Idgames archive seems to REEK of ZDoom and Legacy. But really, I'd prefer something closer to DOOM than to Quake. Like MBF-SMMU-Eternity. Wads for it, that is. Thanx.

Too bad nobody uses Boom/MBF. The only thing that comes to mind is Jagermurder by Afterglow, he's hosted on Doomworld.

Other than that, check out my upcoming projects for GLBoom. First one coming this Xmas.

...If you mean WADs with friendly monsters, let me know when you find some good ones.

There's some Boom maps but not that much that uses MBF. If you think about it it is only logical that most potential Boom mappers have moved on to source ports with better features. Those who want to make full use of such features never can get enough... ;)

There's plenty of Boom wads. Scythe2 for one, and I thought Fredrik and Kaiser usually map keeping boom compatability. I don't see why it's 'logical' to move to ports like Zdoom after using Boom features, I use Boom just to have more generalised linedef types.

Not so sure about MBF wads though, but wasn't Phobos: Anomoly Reborn made with MBF primarily in mind?

Yes, Phobos : Anomaly Reborn is made for MBF. Then there's DSV 4 (iirc) that is for both Eternity and Legacy, but you need to use an old verison of Eternity to be able to play it since, Eternity ditched Fraggle Script since then.

There are of course lots and lots of maps that require a Boom-compatible port or a "limit-removing" port.

I can't think of too many that use MBF-specific features though. Off hand, I can only think of drcrypt, and don't know of anywhere that lists such wads. Doom Underground and Sir Robin include information on the ports (or port-types) required by the wads they review.

Isn't Caverns of Darkness also based on MBF? (though it has its own executable).

Erik said:

Isn't Caverns of Darkness also based on MBF? (though it has its own executable).

Sure. But good luck running it with the old DOS Exe...

Graf Zahl said:

There's some Boom maps but not that much that uses MBF. If you think about it it is only logical that most potential Boom mappers have moved on to source ports with better features. Those who want to make full use of such features never can get enough... ;)

Think some more about it.

gemini09 said:

Think some more about it.

The ZDoom forum is enough proof for my point. Note that I said 'most', not 'all'!