Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agamemnon XVI

Idea for 3d

What?

Every time you make a change to your map, the nodes are rebuilt when you save.

Aim at a floor or ceiling, roll your mousewheel up or down, see what happens then :)

What would be nice in this regard, would be for DB to display the HEIGHT of the sector as you mousewheel the floor or ceiling up or down, not just the vertical position of the ceiling/floor being moved.

For example, if I have a sector (ceiling=128, floor=0) and I lower the floor by 8 units, then DB should respond something like Floor height: -8 (sector height 136) instead of only Floor height: -8. This would be very helpful. The ability to change the increment of mousewheeling would also be very very useful if it can be done. For example, leave the amount at 8, but have it drop to 1 if SHIFT key is pressed, or something like that.

These two things would make 3D editing mode much easier.

If you make the 3d mode windowed, then you can see the sector height from the statusbar or you can press I(or some other button) to display information about the stuff you're pointing at.

CodeImp said:

and you can already hold SHIFT to do 1 mappixel changes instead of 8 too ;)

"Great minds think alike", as somebody once said :) :)

I support the displaying of sector height when raising and lowering floors and ceilings in 3d mode ^_^

One quick thing regarding the information that gets displayed when pressing 'I'. If you're aiming at an upper or lower texture it will only display the 'Part Height' information if you are looking at the front side of the sidedef, it displays nothing (well, a '-') if you're looking at the back side (oo er). Any reason for this, or is it a bug?

Im not sure, but I can check it out and see if it needs fixing. But who the hell uses that information overlay anyway? I think its too big and in the way and in windowed mode you have almost all that info in the panel already anyway.

CodeImp said:

But who the hell uses that information overlay anyway? I think its too big and in the way and in windowed mode you have almost all that info in the panel already anyway.

I used it couple times before the windowed 3d mode appeared, but now I'm using the windowed 3d mode, which is just great, because it displayes all info I want to know of the map in 3d mode.

CodeImp said:

But who the hell uses that information overlay anyway?

Me :o(

Though to be honest I don't use it very often at all. Only when checking an upper/lower texture part height, and you can often guess that just by looking at the texture anyway.

I guess most of what's in the info overlay is redundant now with the windowed 3d mode (well, apart from the one bit of info I find useful). I'll have to start using the windowed 3d mode from now on.