Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildweasel

Weasel Presents His Maps

I posted this over at DRD Team's new forum (and also the new home of Doom Armory), but I thought I'd post it here too. I've been mapping for about a year now, and I feel my skills are up to scratch enough that I can showcase what I can do. Unfortunately, I haven't actually finished anything yet.

The first four shots here are from a ZDoom test project of mine, to see if I could make a Barista 2-style adventure game out of ZDoom. It failed, however, because of my poor knowledge of ACS scripts.

The next three are for an EDGE project with much the same purpose, but I got a little further because of EDGE's menu selection system. Note the dynamic lighting (which, despite its prettiness, is much more difficult to get to look good).

And this last one was an attempt to make a Metal Gear Solid 2 styled Big Shell (an idea I came up with in another thread here at DW), and I intended to make it into a little mini-TC using Strife hands on all weapons and primarily using NMN's Corporation texture set. (Ignore the crappy lines on that chair - this is an old screenshot)

What do you guys think? Should I keep going?

Oops, I forgot that was there...sorry! I didn't intend to release that one anyway...

They look quite cool and interesting. A little different to most Doom WAD themes and the kind of thing I like (recognisable/ tangible "real" places).

Chalk up one vote for keep going.

Looking nice.

But the last screen is from something etirely different. It's from ZDoom while others are EDGy, am I right?

No, AFAIK the first one is zDooM as well.

"Who the hell are you to say that?"

Weasel's official unofficial spokesperson, dammit!

Yes, the first and last ones were for ZDoom (because I wanted to play around with slopes), and only the middle one was for EDGE (because it was originally a vanilla Doom map intended for a community megawad project, but the plan fell through the floor after the leader split).