Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer87

Hotel WAD help

Hey. I'm in stage 1 of taking all my dead cousin's old WADs and remodeling them. His first megaWAD was in the process. Once i find the file, I'm to either

1.Start over from scratch
2.Finish the megawad and remodel a bunch of stuff

His style of mapping was cramped spaces with lots of demons and zombieguys. Similar to in the level "Tricks and Traps" In doom 2, in the room with the hell knights and cyb. Of course, he did use variety sometimes, but he really didn't take to it that much. Some of his levels are just a narrow hallway in pitch black. I want to take that level, add better textures, some secrets, an elevator maybe to a basement, and that level should work fine. However, I'm also adding a map 31, which is a hotel map. For that hotel map, I need some sprites and textures. I need piano music for the MIDI music. Does anyone know where i can find hotel-related sprites,textures, and MIDI piano music, because I am not experienced with hotel maps. Once this is done-if i don't abandon it like how i did in January, i'm looking at an early 2006 release. To, you know, fix everything up. Anyway, where can i find these things?

Ok, my best help, Get zdoom, learn ACS, and make a new wad from scratch, or the newstuff rewiewer might laugh at it... Since 2006, i think that peopole would prefer a properly scripted, detailed map for zdoom, then a old crappy 94 wad. Thats my opinion...

okay, well ive got zdoom. Thats a start...i guess. Right now, I'm planning to keep the original design. I've got more details in my most recent blog post. Anyway, my brother Matt and cousin Jack are gonna discuss what to do with these old wads.

What you can do is make a hotel from hell. Just keep the monsters as they were and keep the textures of Doom the same in it. Use the panel textures and the tanrock textures(there are two). Just keep it simple and make it fun. That's how i do some of my wads. Just keep it simple. Oh, I do know a good piano song. It's in the wad Mock2. You'll have to scroll through the songs to find it. Believe me there is a really nice piano song in there which will fit perfectly with your theme of a hotel.

-Alando1