Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

[new project] by: Corrupted Marine

im going to start a new project and i need editors!

need:
level editors (experience with zdoom scripting)

coders (pretty good experience with DECORATE. your overall job will be to be able to do things in XWE such as make animated sky textures, special death scenes with certain weapons, basically alot of zdoom's special features. some maybee complicated ones.)

reference (someone who can tell me where to find things if i may need them. for instance, if i ask you where to find city based textures, you will tell me where to find them on the internet.)

i will do graphics of cource.

here is a weapons that i MAY use, but likely not.

that is just something to show my skills in weapons design. of cource most of you already know my graphics, but ive gotten alot better because ive learned how to use layers in paintshop now.

The project is an overall City Based play. no story for this project yet. we will discuss it later.

if your interested in joining the project. send me a PM and some form of file that you have composed to show off your experience.

As almost my entire existence at the moment consists of looking stuff up on the internet for my book on Doom, it won't kill me to have a sidejob of looking some things up for you. As long as you don't e-mail me a grocery list worth of stuff every day.

You should put that bit in parenthesis under level editors under coders instead. Many good mappers don't know jack about ZDoom scripting.

cool! what kinda book on doom? anyway, that would be awesome if you can find stuff for me. the first thing i need is some textures for the maps. i need a City texture pack. could you find me one?

Yes. I can. And the book (or guide, if you will, as it most likely wont be published) is going to cover most of the aspects of Doom top to bottom. So people won't have to go across the internet for info.

I could help out with mapping, I guess. I'm not terribly good but I'm not horrible either, and I have experience with Zdoom mapping.

lerner said:

I could help out with mapping, I guess. I'm not terribly good but I'm not horrible either, and I have experience with Zdoom mapping.

well first of all, from my experience, city levels are the easiest and funnest to make. so you probably shouldnt have trouble mapping it. but thats just me, some people may feel different about that. but in the end i want a realistic city level sorta like duke nukem only with much better graphics and funner game play.

just send me a level that you have made previously so i can see how good you are.

on a further note, i want this level to be like one huge level with different objectives to follow. we will take turns mapping different parts of the city. like you will work on the level for a week, and then we'll turn the level over to one of the other mappers. so on and so forth.

can i help map that is my best area of wad making :)

ill start on a city and send it to you
if that is ok?

hey sausage, yeah you can help map. go ahead and map if you want. im going to open a server so that we can post our files to share. then you will be able to download the textures from there.

and good job HobbsTiger, i didnt expect results so soon! ill take a look at them.

thanks for letting me map.....

ill start next week

i am booked up for now ( general crap really )

what type of theme do you want
( i hate cities but if you need one ill try )
i like cave sort of maps

oh just one problem for me
i dunno how to do slopes using doom builder so if you know please tell me.

once this is finished i will host the wad on doomwads.1.vg if i can be bothered to finish making it!

-sausage

p.s

nice gun
have you got any muzzle flash sprites the pickup sprite
and idle sprites

i would like to use it :)

if that is ok?

Okay, Corrupt, dude.

If you're gonna make it into an enormous city, I cannot stress this suggestion enough:

USE THE HUB SYSTEM

If your map gets too big, folks might experience *cough*vrack3*cough* slowdown,

i dont know what the HUB thing is, but im doing an open ended grand theft auto style!!! kinda like, you have missions everywhere. and you can buy your own weaponry at gun shops and such and such at least thats what i hope to do.

hey sausage, dont worry about slopes. its a city. not many slopes needed. but if you really want to learn slopes, i can show you how. just tell me if i need to.

Oh goodness if it's going to be open-ended like that, sort of, then you automatically should use hubs :/. Lucky for you I know how to set that up, eh?.

sweet

lerner how?

anyways can u tell me anyway on how to do slopes for zdoom or skulltag

Primer for slopes:

Step 1) Make the sector you want sloped be lower than the sector it's sloping up to or vice versa on whichever flat plane you're sloping (floor or ceiling)

Step 2) Use the H Align Plane linedef type (181 if I'm not mistaken). For the floor, set the first argument to 1 if you're sloping outwards or whatever from the front side of the linedef, or 2 if you're sloping from the back. Same with the second argument for ceiling sloping. You can slope both at the same time with the same linedef btw.

Edit: Oh forgot about hubs. Hubs are done via MAPINFO lump. Define a cluster of levels, and use the hub flag or whatever in that cluster definition. Also make sure that you turn on that one flag thing that turns of intermission screens (because it looks stupid to go into a weapons shop and then be greeted with an intermission screen). Then just design your maps to be able to be entered from other maps and make sure you never get stuck in one map unless you have to have him there (like if it's a boss at the end of the wad in a level and you prevent the player from leaving to get health because he's a coward or whatever).

Sound easy?