Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LeX

Patches

Ok I have Doom 1.1 and Doom 2 1.666 English versions.

I can't seem to work the original Doom patch to 1.9 so I wanted to find a 1.666 to 1.9 for Doom 2 so I can finally try out Multiplayer Doom. Thing is, I can't find any such file on the patches page =[. Help?

I guess I'm supposed to download Doom 2 1.666 to 1.7a and then 1.7a to 1.9 cuz there's no 1.666 to 1.9 =[. I'll try it, thx.

It just won't work. Always says wrong version / no files found / whatever. Is there any place to download the actual GAME with the latest version? Like with all the files, and no need to upgrade?

Bah sorry but I have bought the game so it's supposed to be legal... And I can't upgrade it to the version I need. Does anybody play Doom 2 multiplayer 1.666?

LeX said:

Bah sorry but I have bought the game so it's supposed to be legal...

No.

If you can't apply the patches, then it's possible your files have been corrupted in some way. Reinstall from the original disks and try again.

Also, you can check which version you have by comparing the exact file size with the list here.

I have these ones

Doom v1.1 DOOM.WAD 10396254 16-12-93 66457ab9
Doom II v1.666 (250894) DOOM2.WAD 14943400 25-08-94 e2a683bd

I don't have the disks anymore T_T.

What can I do now?

That Doom2 iwad is OK. You need to have the doom2.exe that came with it too. That should be 687,001 bytes, I believe.