Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Texture/sprite artist looking for work

I have some experience creating pretty good quality textures and sprites (though I haven't really attempted animation for enemies), and I'm offering my services to anyone who is going to be adding new graphics to a wad, TC or whathaveyou. I didn't know what forum to do this in, so I thought this one would be appropriate. How would I go about advertising myself incase anyone needs someone for textures and objects?

Hey, I want a texture or two. I want a 128x32 computer screen with lots of crazy info stuff on it, placed on top of shawn2, then a 64x64 computer screen that also is placed on top of shawn2. Can you do that?

hey hey, sprite artist :) Care to expose some of Your works so we can say if You're good or not? You know, work is the best language ;)

Hey man I am going to be starting a bit of a cyberpunkish wad project and need a few textures\sprites done. I would do them myself but I am pixel-art retarded. PM me and I think we can get a lot going.

I could really use a sprite artist. But you said you have no experience with animating monsters?

Dude, you have no idea how big a can of worms you opened saying that you're a good sprite artist.... there are currently less good sprite artists in the community than there are fingers on my hand. And EVERYONE seems to want sprites for their new awesome project.

Nmn, Vader, Scuba Steve, Kristus, Skadoomer, Corrupted Marine, Scero... you must have a *lot* of fingers on your hand :P.

While there are more people (sprite dudes) than ever (?) in the community, there's always good with more, cause there's never enough. :)

Mordeth said:

I could really use a sprite artist. But you said you have no experience with animating monsters?

That sounds like Andy (Tran)..

So, what, do we start competing for the artists hand in modding? Fine.
The project I am working on is heavy cyberpunk. Need a lot of trippy sprites for the matrix-esque deal, including some papers that float out of the ground, swirl around for a few seconds, then dissapear back into the ground. Also need some phonebooth textures and flying tiles >D
If that all sound interesting enough then you get a FREE IPOD! AND FREE SMILIES! AND A FREE IPOD!

Ack, sorry about the late response, guys! Well, I noticed there is already a topic posted about textures. I shall post some of my work in that thread for all of you eager Doomers looking to see what I've got. Please refer to that topic and in the coming days and weeks I'll show off some of my work. Also, if someone could post a gif of the doom palette so I can see what my textures would look like in Doom, please do so!

Ah, crap. I can't find that particular thread right now. Well, anyway, I guess I'll post my work here. That'll probably be the easiest way to do things. I'll post some texture work in the next day or so. It's just, it's almost 3 in the morning right now and I'm really tired, so not at this moment.

Here's the first of what I hope to be many examples of my texture and sprite work. I don't have many sprites at the moment but I can certainly draw up some. Now, this isn't a texture, but rather a logo I just finished today for the band Bitchslicer. Notice that I used some texture work to make it.

Not bad. Could use some dirt. Dirt in textures = good. Might do some more texture variety, not just noise, but it's a good thing :)

This is a blow-up (x2) of the "guts" texture used in the Bitchslicer logo. I actually converted it to Doom's palette, and it looks surprisingly good.

very nice! but id like to see some 64x64 and 128x128 textures that you made for doom, with the doom pallette. sure its easy to do stuff with any colors, but when you have to remain in the parimeter of the doom pallette you have to get creative when using your colors.

Jehar said:

... including some papers that float out of the ground, swirl around for a few seconds, then dissapear back into the ground. Also need some phonebooth textures and flying tiles...

Get Duke Nukem 3d(download it if you have to). It has many sprites like little papers flying around, and it has a phonebooth texture and tile textures.

Here are some textures I've done, as they would appear using the DOOM palette. The first is a birck texture.

Pure Hellspawn: stop posting just for the sake of posting. If you have nothing useful to add to a thread, don't post.

Grazza said:

Pure Hellspawn: stop posting just for the sake of posting. If you have nothing useful to add to a thread, don't post.

O.K. but the threads relating to this project I am making are useful because I am really making the project.

Pretty good. Might use a bit contrast and those rocks casting a shadow no? ;)

Dirt and guts, good. Looks like textures from the game Blood. I don't like the brick texture though, the bricks look kind of like cut-out pieces of paper.