This Summer go to Hell

Which movie did you like more?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie did you like more?

• House of 1000 Corpses
    • The Devil\'s Rejects?
    • Both
    • Neither

The Devil's Rejects comes out in one week from today. I am a HUGE fan of the first film, House of 1000 Corpses, and am excited as hell for the second installment. Rob Zizzle was on Connan last night and showed a new clip "Clown business" which can be found in the below link with some other new ones:

You can check them out by clicking on this sentence.

The first film has become a cult classic, being recieved with black and white results. Either you love it (like I do) or you hated it (like most other people have. To my disapointment, Senor Zombie has removed a lot of the campier qualities of the first film in the new one. No more music video style cut scenes, Otis is no longer an albino but resembles a blonde Charles Manson, Baby no longer has her characteristic giggle, Spaulding donns his makeup only for a short while, etc. I hope this wasn't done as an attempt to be more accessible to a wider audience. RZ says that he wanted a grittier, realer, meaner film this time around. From what I've seen so far, especially the short clip from conan with Spaulding, I'm still excited despite a few of my disapointments. I know it won't feel like H1KC, but from what I've seen so far, I think it will be an awesome film. Also in preparation from the upcoming release, I will be posting a painting I'm working on of Otis B. Driftwood, seeing as how he's my fav character from the movie. So, post your thoughts on the clips, trailers, or the movie when it comes out. And why not do a poll then too, which did you enjoy more, House or Rejects?

Though this thread has bombed, thought I'd still share the picture I painted for it... can be found in this the following thread.

Feel free to post thoughts on the painting there, or any thoughts on the movie (two more days!) here.

Where's Joel Murdoch with his House of 1000 Corpses review when you need him... If that doesn't bring the thread to life, nothing will.