Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mithrandir

My God. It's full of stars.

It's from the movie 2010. I saw it on cable about a month ago. The monolith on/above Jupiter is made of stars.

It's from the movie 2010

Actually it's from the ending of 2001 A Space Oddessy.

I remember it: they look at the HUGE monolith with the scope and they say it. Maybe it's in 2001 as well. I haven't seen that movie in ages.

No. That phrase is not in 2001: The Space Odyssey. At least not in the movie. It probably WAS in the book, and it's definitely in "2010" - both book and the movie. On the other hand, "2010" sucked. It's a crappy movie made from a crappy novel.

I've only heard that quote from somewhere and it came from the "2010" movie.

It's originally in the book 2001, and the quote makes an appearance in each of the next three books as well (sometimes corrupted).

Personally, I think everyone should be required to read Jack L. Chalker so they can see two things:

(1) The Matrix is a ripoff of The Wonderland Gambit; and
(2) There should be a Well World movie.

(1) The Matrix is a ripoff of The Wonderland Gambit

I'd say the Matrix is a ripoff of Lem's Futurological Congress. Blah.

(1) The Matrix is a ripoff of The Wonderland Gambit

I'd say the Matrix is a ripoff of Lem's Futurological Congress. Blah.

Actually, the Matrix is a ripoff of A Ghost In The Shell AND EVERY OTHER FUCKING MOVIE EVER MADE. If only it had just a SHRED of originality I could have partially enjoyed it.

Actually, the Matrix is a ripoff of A Ghost In The Shell AND EVERY OTHER FUCKING MOVIE EVER MADE. If only it had just a SHRED of originality I could have partially enjoyed it.

Well, yes, I agree with you. On the other hand, what would you expect of a movie made by AOL?..

Mr. 129, we're talking about books The Matrix is a ripoff of.

Or, rather, books that both Matrix and Ghost in a Shell are ripoffs of!

Mr. 129, we're talking about books The Matrix is a ripoff of.

OH SORRY THEN I GUESS IT'S A RIPOFF OF EVERY OTHER FUCKING BOOK WRITTEN. OF COURSE SEEING AS IT'S A MOVIE IT MIGHT FARE BETTER TO COMPARE IT TO OTHER MOVIES. JUST A THOUGHT, DON'T MIND ME.

"Oh my god, it's full of stars"

This phrase is said at the end of 2001, after the guy gets sucked into the monolith and they have a reeeeely long psychadelic image sequence (hyperwarp to the edge of the universe?), he says "Oh my god, it's full of stars".

(I remember this very distinctly).

This phrase is said at the end of 2001, after the guy gets sucked into the monolith and they have a reeeeely long psychadelic image sequence (hyperwarp to the edge of the universe?), he says "Oh my god, it's full of stars".

The man that plays "David", right?

I remember reading that. it was an excellent book, an' I preffered it to the film. I have never read the two sequels though, because I can't find number two in a second hand bookshop (Which is the only place I buy my books:)

Does anyone else enjoy reading that kinda old sci-fi? Witten by Russian dudes with weird names.

Does anyone else enjoy reading that kinda old sci-fi? Witten by Russian dudes with weird names

Arthur C. Clarke is a weird name?

And 2001 the movie was horrible... godamm 10 minutes of just
*ssssssss*breathe*sssssss*breathe*ssssssss*

Has anyone ever read the third one in the series? I thought it was pretty cool

"Oh my god, it's full of stars"

(I remember this very distinctly).

And yet you're wrong. Here's a quote from http://www.dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/s42001goof.html :

I recently bought a new copy of 2001: A Space Odyssey. It's been a while since I last saw the film but it seems to be edited to bits. What happened to Dave Bowman's famous line 'My God, it's full of stars!' ? If this is an edited version can you tell me where I can buy a proper copy?
-- Andy Struthers, Dumfries, Scotland

The dialog line 'My God, it's full of stars!' is from 2010, not 2001, which is why you didn't hear it. Stanley Kubrick trimmed 2001 and added some titles to it only a few days into its 1968 release, but honest to goodness, 2001 is full length.

And 2001 the movie was horrible... godamm 10 minutes of just
*ssssssss*breathe*sssssss*breathe*ssssssss*

Yes, for the best science fiction movie ever it was pretty horrible indeed.

I know for a fact that it's in the book. I read it a couple months ago. It says something about how the last transmission Earth ever got from David Bowman was "My God, its full os stars." That is, of course, because he was looking into an intetrgalactic gateway.

It was made in 1968 damn it, what could we expect from them? Visual effects of day? I think not.