Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

How do you make those fake marines in ZDoom help you?

I have been wondering how anyone can make those fake gray marines in ZDoom (object #: 9100-9110) help you fight the enemy as well as back you up and pursue the enemy. I like to add some allied forces in my wads and I need some assistance. I know that some of these marines posses certain weapons and I like when they help the player. Is there anyone who can explain to me how to create this effect?

-Alando1

when you play the level, type summonfriend xxxxxxx where xxxxxxx is the name of the monster

If you type summonfriend doomimp then an Imp will appear and fight for you. I do believe they become hostile after a certain time period.

For marines you can summonfriend MarineBFG, MarineSSG and so forth.

I hope this post can help you.

You have to give them the 'friendly' flag in the editor. This requires ZDoom version 2.0.96 and an up-to-date configuration file for the editor you are using.

I tried the summonfriend code before and it didn't work. Unless you can give me specific instrutions how to do this in the console because maybe I'm typing something wrong.

Which editor would you recommend Graf Zahl for giving the marines a friend flag?

-Alando1

alando1 said:

Which editor would you recommend Graf Zahl for giving the marines a friend flag?

Doom Builder (doombuilder.com) Under downloads, version 1.67

alando1 said:

I tried the summonfriend code before and it didn't work. Unless you can give me specific instrutions how to do this in the console because maybe I'm typing something wrong.

type exacly "summonfriend doomimp" without the quotes("). If i dont work you might not have the latest version of zdoom, get it at zdoom.org, also under downloads

alando1 said:

-Alando1

Summonfriend only works with ZDoom 2.0.96. Perhaps that is the problem.

I do have Doom builder by the way but how would I know the flag for a friend.

Thank you pure hellspawn for verifying the problem. I will try this.

-Alando1

alando1 said:

I do have Doom builder by the way but how would I know the flag for a friend.

Thank you pure hellspawn for verifying the problem. I will try this.

-Alando1

You have to use a configuration that supports all the latest features. If you do there will be a 'friendly' checkbox in the thing properties dialog.