Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrupted Marine

major error in the doom3 collectors edition

have you guys noticed that when you play the original doom in the doom3 collectors edition, the skies are the same on all 4 episodes! the episode 1 sky is the sky for all the episodes!

wonder why they didnt fix this??? it wouldnt really be that hard.

I think this is glitched like this because they decided to add the old Dooms at the last moment as an extra on the collector's edition.

I don't think they put much work into porting these as well as they could.

So, they didn't bother to add the varying skys on each episode.

Holy crap, I can't believe I didn't even notice. I must not have been paying too much attention to the sky.

well-spotted? haha, well its not that hard to notice. i also noticed that when playing doom 3, i once was in hell and i was being chased by 2 hell knights, i had 10 health left, so yeah i was gonna run for it! but anyways, i jumped off a cliff for the hell of it cuz i thought i was gonna die anyway. when i jumped off, i didnt fall. i fell about 10 feet and just sat there. then i found some rocks... it took me like 10 minutes to find a way to crawl out. when i did the knights were gone! just dissappeared! i dont know how. but i didnt care! i was alive! :)

picked up some health and pulled out my chainsaw and just went on.

Baphomet666 said:

I wonder if they just whipped the Collectors edition for the X-box in less than a week.

A week.....nah...i reckon they probably had bets to see who could do it quickest......i reckon carmack pulled it off in 10 secs....:P

It sounds to me like it may be using a later build of the source than Ultimate DOOM, because there was some version of the source where someone removed the code that selected skies for Ultimate DOOM, and replaced it with DOOM II's sky selection code. Because the DOOM II code checks only gamemap and not gameepisode, gamemap in Ultimate DOOM is always low enough to display only the SKY1 texture.

There was a comment in BOOM in the sky selection code indicating that they had to restore proper Ultimate DOOM behavior, so this MUST be related.

Quasar's explanation makes sense, but this wouldn't be related to the old bug where skies would not change in a continuous game would it? I know that happened in Doom2. If you just played straight through, the sky would stay as the first one. If you saved, quit then loaded, you'd get the correct sky.

even more pathetic things in the xbox doom3? well i have one. SWAYING BODIES! i mean what the hell. the bodies arent even attached to anything on the ceiling. then they sway for a bit then suddenly just stop. most times at an angle.

geez! i expected better from id software... :(

I no like collectors edition >_<
I bought going "Wow, I payed $10 xtra this must be better then jus the normal DOOM 3!! "
WRONG!!!
PPL say to me: Well atleast u can play DOOM I&II on it.
*Reply* I hav a comp u jacka$$!! Its way better then Xbox Version >.<

yeah but still... its called the COLLECTORS EDITION...
it comes in a custom collectable tin case... and it includes the original dooms... and a bunch of other content as well. g4 episodes and stuff like that. developer interviews...

but point is... its for major doom COLLECTORS... duh...
if your a big collector, then you will pay the extra 10 bucks for the thing. if your only into the doom3 game, buy the original doom3! but if you want extra content... get the COLLECTORS EDITION!

I did buy it but i was hopin for something more like when i bought DOOM collectors edition it came with all three games and a preview of DOOM 3. If we could hav gotten a glimpse at the Doom movie that would hav made it sweet :D

With all do respect im still amazed that something that runs on a high powered computer runs on a xbox, and the tin case is pretty awesome but they should hav added more content. like maybe Final Doom. then it would be better. then again. ppl who hav DOOM on there PC dont get this unless u want to collect it!

If u do want to collect it good :D the bow art looks really cool and its a Tin :)

O! they should hav given us the Hell Baron figure like when u reserved DOOM 3 on the PC at EB :D

yeah that stuff would be sweet!

thing is, i have doom3 on pc... but my computer isnt good enuff! :(
i can play these games:

halo (for PC)
Aliens vs. Preditor 1 and 2
medal of honor allied assault
return to castle wolfenstein

and a bunch of other cool games...
but for some reason, it wont run doom3.