• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pure Hellspawn

Resurrecting the dead

Graf Zahl said:

Not at all.

I think I saw a console command that does it once and I have also seen it happen. However, I do not know how to script such an event.

Anyways, if it is impossible, how do I program an event to happen if the player's health reaches 1?

Pure Hellspawn said:

Anyways, if it is impossible, how do I program an event to happen if the player's health reaches 1?

Even that won't work because in 90% of all cases it will be triggered when it's too late.

If you still want to try use GetActorProperty(tid, APROP_HEALTH) to do it. This is for ZDoom, right?

Graf Zahl said:

Even that won't work because in 90% of all cases it will be triggered when it's too late.

If you still want to try use GetActorProperty(tid, APROP_HEALTH) to do it. This is for ZDoom, right?

Yes it is, it's my Upheaval project.

I'm sure you could fake it using camera effects, an ambient sound-script and a red color-map.. providing it were in some cinematic form.

Ed said:

I'm sure you could fake it using camera effects, an ambient sound-script and a red color-map.. providing it were in some cinematic form.

Sorry, but I don't want it to be a fake.

Well, you could have if so you exit the map shortly after death (e.g. with a boss brain/Romero head getting crushed), and so then you start the next map alive. Just make the start of the next map identical to the end of the last one, and use mapinfo to remove the intermission. This might even fool some people completely.

Grazza said:

Well, you could have if so you exit the map shortly after death (e.g. with a boss brain/Romero head getting crushed), and so then you start the next map alive. Just make the start of the next map identical to the end of the last one, and use mapinfo to remove the intermission. This might even fool some people completely.

Is there a way to do it without exiting the map?

Not really.

Well OK, you could turn the player into a zombie and then have him pick up some health (you could do that with a voodoo doll).

However, you'd need to immobilize the player while he was a zombie if you didn't want people to notice that he could still move, and then you'd want the map to end fairly soon after the health was picked up, if you didn't want people to notice that they couldn't use a weapon after being zombified.

So on balance this isn't really the solution you're looking for either. And I don't believe you could do it in Zdoom anyway, since it doesn't allow the zombie effect (at least in the versions I'm aware of).

Oh, and stop pimping your as yet non-existent wad in unrelated threads.