Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

The death of freedom and justice in the US

geekmarine said:

Jesus, leave it to the Republicans to screw things up. You know, we had a great system, too. One party would control Congress, the other the White House. Made sure nothing really ever got done. Then, for God knows what reason, people decided to give Republicans control of both Congress and the White House. Now things are getting done, which, at least in my opinion, is a bad thing. We were doing perfectly fine without the government trying to run everything. But now, we've gone from having a tug-of-war between the left and the right to having a tug-of-war between the right and the far right. So much for moderates. Ugh!

well put, i agree 100%

you know what happened though? 9/11 happened. people got scared, the damn evangelists started with their "end is near" crap and now the a-moral republican power base is in control.

Gokuma said:

Survey says... The public is too stupid, scared, and gullible to care.

I think your simply describing the Republican puplic

We Democrates/Indes need to stick together and fight against the evil hordes of the Repulicans (although not all of them but the most corrupted ones that deserve to die in a horrible death)

I'm ready for War and power MUST BE BALANCED

Word on the streets in New York is that the vast majority of people there openly accept having their belongings randomly searched as a prerequisite to use of public transportation.

Raise the spectre of death, and people will consent to any violation, no matter how blatantly totalitarian it may be. Fear is going to be the enabler for police state action in this country. So far it's working VERY well.

Quasar said:

Word on the streets in New York is that the vast majority of people there openly accept having their belongings randomly searched as a prerequisite to use of public transportation.

Anyone I've spoken to about it is not thrilled about that at all. It's hardly the majority, but it's worth mentioning.

However, despite all the talk about increased safety, I saw even less cops than I normally do, so I dunno if this is being blown out of proportion, or if it's just not in full swing yet.

I'll just put it simply; the end of the USA as we know it will be coming within our lifetime. Nothing lasts forever, you know.

Yeah but that end may put an end to a lot of us and the things we do, too. I fear what would replace the US, as it could be something much worse (openly totalitarian regime, fragmented extremist resistance movements, threat from lost nuclear/biological/chemical weapons, famine and disease?)

Why is more than half the country made up of assholes who like Bush and rich people?

I am starting to think that no government will succeed (and neither an anarchy) all because of two words: GREED and STUPIDITY

Pure Hellspawn said:

Why is more than half the country made up of assholes who like Bush and rich people?

by that, you mean half of the adult voting population that actually bothered to vote, or roughly 1/6th of the country

Quast said:

by that, you mean half of the adult voting population that actually bothered to vote, or roughly 1/6th of the country

those who didn't vote apparently don't care about their countries future and fate.

Nightmare Doom said:
(see French Reveloution and how Hitler got into Power)

Not sure those two have anything to do with anarchism properly speaking, though.

The French revolution was the middle class revolting against the King to get rid of Feudalism/Monarchism (or what remained of it) in favor of Democracy/Capitalism (or what was already there without being fully validated.)

Pure Hellspawn said:

those who didn't vote apparently don't care about their countries future and fate.

Tell that to Diebold.

Nightmare Doom said:

Repulican power won't last for long

We will eventually put them out of Power soon if they start fucking with our rights further.

don't you see, it doesn't MATTER whose in power? it will continue to happen, mark my words.

Xanthier said:

don't you see, it doesn't MATTER whose in power? it will continue to happen, mark my words.

Thats another problem in this contry that we have cowards like you that don't do shit but whine and complain how our government is corrupting blah blah well guess what? WE CAN BACKLESH THEM AND OVERTHROW THEM OUT OF POWER BECAUSE IT SAYS IN THE CONSISTUTION THAT WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO REPLACE CORRUPTED GOVERNMENTS WITH NEW ONES.

Damn you people need to stop reading these bullshit comparicy theories and lies from the Internet (did you know that most of the shit your reading come from conmen/women? who are fucking intelligant anough to manipulate words and true and false facts to contruct them to their persional likings and they spread their lies around so they can poision minds like you people for one reason....MONEY while your blindly supporting them)

God damnit You people need to learn that
not everything that you read on the fucking internet is true....The internet can get as bad as the media for fucks sakes

1) The Internet IS part of the media.

2) As much as I know what you mean, you're not making yourself look any better than the people you're talking about, so why bother? Just live and let live for Christ's sake.

Freedom and justice have been dead in the US ever since it was conceived.

Discussion solved (thread closed...it's not going anywhere).