Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pure Hellspawn

What is a Mapspot Tag

I am using the teleport feature and I don't have any idea as to what this is. I don't know how to use it or what it even means.

However, it is one of the arguments so I have to know how it works.

The mapspot tag basically gives that thing a special identifier that can be used in scripts or other functions. For instance, spawning an item or monster. Add a mapspot and give it a number (tag). Then when you use Thing_Spawn in a script, something like this:

script 1 (void)
{
    Thing_Spawn(1, 25, 0);
}
1 is the mapspot tag. Anything spawned will appear here (there can be more than one mapspot with the same tag)

Actually, I think it is needed, but it too needs a tag like a mapspot. Sorry, I don't normally use teleporting.

...edits post...

Ichor said:

Actually, I think it is needed, but it too needs a tag like a mapspot. Sorry, I don't normally use teleporting.

...edits post...

Sorry and thanks, but that post was a little too late. Your previous post worked and I solved the problem.

Also, is there a way to kill the boss spawner by using scripts or do I need to use DEHACKED/DECORATE for that?

Thing_Destroy maybe?

Otherwise, put a few barrels near it along with a crushing ceiling.

Ichor said:

Thing_Destroy maybe?

Otherwise, put a few barrels near it along with a crushing ceiling.

I tried the thing_destroy, but the spawn cubes keep going, as for a barrel and crushed ceiling, this thing is not shootable nor is it an obstacle (I'm positive since I can walk right through it). The thing is not a ghost either (else the rockets would destroy it in Map30 before the boss was ever beaten.

I also tried Thing_Deactivate, but it didn't work.

However, I'm pretty sure there is a way to make it shootable and destroyable (I know it has the face of a Nazi since I DEHACKED long ago), but how do I script such a thing or modify it using DECORATE?

Oh, you wanted the spawner killed, not the Romero head. In that case, I'm not sure how to do that.

Thing_Remove is the only command that will get rid of a monster spawner, at least to my knowledge.

And then you tag whatever thing is to be teleported there? Could you silent teleport powerups, etc? I wonder if you can even teleport decorations...

Yep, sure can, Job.

Although unless you're doing some kind of puzzle where the powerup is in one place, but when you try to pick it up, it moves to another, it's probably better to use a thing_spawn command instead.

(damn that was a terrible run-on)