Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ebon

Sky floor AND sky ceiling? How?

When I put the sky flat both for the floor and the ceiling I simply get the HOM for the ceiling. And I've seen plenty of wads having succeeded on this. What gives?

Make sure you are giving them the F_SKY1 flat, not the SKY1 texture.

Also, this might depend on what port you're using (I seem it recall some port which had a bug which showed HOM for the sky texture)

MasterOfPuppets said:

original Doom and Eternity still have the sky HOM. use Doom95, ZDoom, PRBoom, Legacy, or jDoom.

I've been playing DOOM, DOOM2 and Eternity so much and I've been having no problems with sky homs on other's wads. Besides, this feature was heavily present in Hell Revealed 1 MAP26 (that level with buildings in space.) Back then there were no source ports, so the map was made for DOOM2.exe. And the sky 'background' DID work.

Hmmm... I think I understand the problem now: it's not that the sky is causing a HOM, it's that you are not applying a texture to the enclosing walls.

1. Just make a square sector with a floor of 0 and a ceiling of 256.
2. Then give the walls a texture
3. give the floor and cieling a normal flat (not F_SKY1)
4. Run it.

Does that show up ok? If so then just go back and change the ceiling and floor flast to F_SKY1 and it should work.

Actually, what I had to do was to nest the floor-ceiling sky sector into a larger area with just one sky surface. _It worked_. That's it? :)