Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cycloid

dr. sleep's inferno

just reading up on some doom shit, sleep made crossing acheron and possibly 8 other maps to represent the 9 circles of hell, some are in the master levels and one is AFAIK e4m7 (i've never played thy flesh consumed for some reason!)... do they all exist? has anyone munged them together a compilation/megawad out of them? would it be a worthwhile (if only historicaly) excersize?

They are all good (specially these of Master Levels), acheron and dante not much for me but I understand that they were made in the early DOOM days. The only problem is that they don't look anything like Dante's tale, they look like base maps for me, you don't see any place with several people being tortured, the big court of hell (just a map that mention it in the text file), and so on.

To put them in a single wad and upload it should be technicaly ilegal as they are comercial levels, with the exception of the first two. Still I like as they are now, as the map in E4 is part of that episode, and the two public ones aren't good enough to be part of the Master Levels (still you can play them in the order you want, you can play acheron.wad or Dante.wad and then virgil.wad and so on if ya want, and have a good time, all of them are designed to be played from scratch). My only modification would be to make E4M7 a bit harder to fit in the fourth episode.

Vegeta said:

To put them in a single wad and upload it should be technicaly ilegal as they are comercial levels, with the exception of the first two.

yeah i realised that at some point later on yesterday, just idle curiosity, alas i dont have the master levels so i'm stuffed anyway.