Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Strange dreams about Doom

Ever had any weird dreams about the game? I've had plenty since I first started playing 11 years ago. Of the most memorabe, I recall battling Quake-style fish, and I know one time I went outside the boundaries of E3M8 and came across some weird Egyptian style place, and I remember being really scared for some reason. Another time, I went to leave the computer because I had had enough DooM, but an imp's arm reacheed out of the monitor and pulled me back to my seat. Another time, everything looked Doom 64-ish and a Spider Mastermind was under a building. The building was supported by four columns, one on each corner, so the Spider had some space to move around. I shot one of the columns and the building collapsed, squishing the Spider. In the most recent one I can remember, I was stuck in an arena the size of a large house and was trying to reach this bridge going over the top of the arena, which was enclosed. I kept running up these columns and jumping, trying to reach the bridge. Somewhere near the bridge was a giant laser of some sort, which was aimed at Earth. There were demonic statues surrounding the area. I was too late, however, and all these demons came out of nowhere and began attacking various people that just spawned from thin air. These two demons that looked like big fat black ladies in space armor cornered me and began attacking me.

lay off the lsd man.....i remember dreaming about owning all of the doom memoribillia on earth and becoming an evil supervillain who took ID software hostage and kept them in a plastic bag for all enternity. the an imp tried to save them and a war broke out between earth and imps who were conrolled by ID

Last night I dreamt about Doom! Probably the only time I ever have. Wasn't much to the dream though. I remember running through a brown brick area being chased by imps. Then I picked up partial invisibility and they just sort of stopped in their tracks and stood there looking around.

I think I was dreaming of playing Doom rather than being inside the game.

Dreaming DOOM is a bad sign...it's like demons escaping from the game and whispering you fascinating DOOM dreams - only to wake up next day with the will to play DOOM all day...and again and again and again. Till death. No wonder they called DOOM Doom. IT IS YOUR DOOM.

Ebon said:

Dreaming DOOM is a bad sign...it's like demons escaping from the game and whispering you fascinating DOOM dreams - only to wake up next day with the will to play DOOM all day...and again and again and again. Till death. No wonder they called DOOM Doom. IT IS YOUR DOOM.

Oh gn0es, Teh End Is Nigh!!!11one

I am in some control centre as a guy on a radio admits that he may have to kill himself, and that he hears people coming and will actually have to do it now. Then I am the man. Everything is all mixed up. I am a soldier or something, outside a house by the sea on a small jetty. I am commanding some lower officer to shoot me and he does, then I am the junior officer. Then I am the previous but now not dead and the junior is gone. I have some kind of sword but it is very bendy, and more like a large thin saw. I run through an archway into a street. There are two tony blairs here: one seems to be an imposter sent to kill me and another is the real blair who has no idea what is going on. I battle with the imposter blair with my sword and kill him. Then some people in a car shoot at me. Then I realise it is all a computer game I am playing, it seems to be the linux port of doom which has been nicknamed "DDT: Dave Taylor Loses"

Mine make no sense really. like i explained in another thread. there all mixed up, im not playing any wad in particular (or couldnt describe the level/wad) its just a hodge podge of doors openening, killing imps, going down endless hallways into other rooms and killing more all on fast forward or sped up. it's kinda like im watching it also in a third person perspective.

the other day i had a dream that a huge poster came with my doom3 game. i was going to hang it up on my wall but it looked really tacky for some reason

I was in a railyard armed with a chaingun (the cool blue Doom 64 one) and i was being chased by a whole bunch of Hell Barons (the cool Doom 64 ones) (yeah I call them that, leave me alone its easier) and I come across my girlfriend unconscious and right when i get to her i run out of ammo, go figure. Wheres a BFG when you need it? Can anyone belive I had this dream shortly after playing Doom 64 for the first time?

I had a few dreams on Doom. After I played Chris Lutz's PAR I had an idea for a level with similair structures, except in a sunsety setting. Pity I only remembered the first room.
Without any doubts I was playing the map with Zdoom ;)

Swear to God, I had the most bizarre dream the night before last. I was with the Scooby Doo gang, and we were investigating a haunted candy factory. Turns out, the owner of the factory weas evil, and had someone used to the factory to open a portal to Hell. Therefore, the factory was overrun by demons. Thankfully, being the demon-slaying expert that I am, I managed to put up quite a fight. Oh, and these were all Doom 3 demons, by the way. At one point, though, I had to climb up a very narrow, dark, twisty tunnel that seemed to go on forever. Finally, when I reached the end of the tunnel, a cyberdemon was waiting for me. The tunnel had gone into a fairly small room, just big enough for me and the Cyberdemon to be in it at the same time. I'll admit, I was terrified, but I pulled out my BFG, ran out of the room, fired back into it, and apparently at that instant Velma was able to shut down the portal to Hell, thus temporarily disorienting all of the demons, which is good, 'cause there were several Hell Knights in the next room. After that, it was simply a matter of mopping up the demons that were still alive.

It should be noted that at one point, Scooby and Shaggy managed to end up on a conveyor belt that led to a room full of boxes of chocolate bars, and proceeded to eat all of the chocolate in the room. It turned out that the candy factory owner, in addition to opening a portal to Hell, had set up various hologram projectors of places and people that didn't actually exist, in the hopes that we would get thrown off the trail by incorrect clues. We figured it out, though, and nabbed her. Finally, I solved the mystery of how the Doomguy carries so much weaponry and ammunition: he puts it all in his pocket. Seriously, I had tons of ammo in my pocket, but it was all very tiny. Actually, as for the guns, I pressed a button and it would cause the gun to turn another gun. So I had my rocket launcher, pressed a button, and it morphed into a BFG. Weird.

i dont think i´ve ever dreamd about doom1 and 2 only the third... (a shamed) butt in manny other dreams i´ve seen the Doom logo all arounde **

geekmarine said:

Swear to God, I had the most bizarre dream the night before last. I was with the Scooby Doo gang, and we were investigating a haunted candy factory. Turns out, the owner of the factory weas evil, and had someone used to the factory to open a portal to Hell. Therefore, the factory was overrun by demons. Thankfully, being the demon-slaying expert that I am, I managed to put up quite a fight. Oh, and these were all Doom 3 demons, by the way. At one point, though, I had to climb up a very narrow, dark, twisty tunnel that seemed to go on forever. Finally, when I reached the end of the tunnel, a cyberdemon was waiting for me. The tunnel had gone into a fairly small room, just big enough for me and the Cyberdemon to be in it at the same time. I'll admit, I was terrified, but I pulled out my BFG, ran out of the room, fired back into it, and apparently at that instant Velma was able to shut down the portal to Hell, thus temporarily disorienting all of the demons, which is good, 'cause there were several Hell Knights in the next room. After that, it was simply a matter of mopping up the demons that were still alive.

It should be noted that at one point, Scooby and Shaggy managed to end up on a conveyor belt that led to a room full of boxes of chocolate bars, and proceeded to eat all of the chocolate in the room. It turned out that the candy factory owner, in addition to opening a portal to Hell, had set up various hologram projectors of places and people that didn't actually exist, in the hopes that we would get thrown off the trail by incorrect clues. We figured it out, though, and nabbed her. Finally, I solved the mystery of how the Doomguy carries so much weaponry and ammunition: he puts it all in his pocket. Seriously, I had tons of ammo in my pocket, but it was all very tiny. Actually, as for the guns, I pressed a button and it would cause the gun to turn another gun. So I had my rocket launcher, pressed a button, and it morphed into a BFG. Weird.

don't ever admit this to anyone cept us, your doom friends :)

There is actually another thread about this already but I guess I'll post my dream in here again cuz I'm not sure anyone read mine:

I've had quite a few Doom dreams myself. I can't remember them all, or remember them all in very much detail, but there is one that I remember pretty well. I was in a very tall building, maybe a skyscraper and I was on one of the very top floors. It was a sort of warehouse and there were these giant windows about the size of dock doors you expect to see at a warehouse, but they were windows instead of doors. Anyways, I was making my way through the warehouse killing pink demons and some of those spider things from Doom 3 (this was before Doom 3 came out but I had seen pictures of them). I was with 2 other people and we were making our way through the warehouse looking for some other people that we knew were around somewhere. After killing all the demons, we found the other group of people. Somehow, in the process of killing all the demons, we managed to bust out all the windows, from weapon fire I guess. We were standing around in the vicinity of a window, some pillars behind us, talking, making plans, and trying to figure out what was going on because the invasion just happened and we were caught in the middle of it. While we were talking, I kept hearing this noise, or at least thinking I was hearing a noise, but I couldn't quite make it out so I concentrated. As soon as I realized what it was, the sound stopped. I hushed everybody and looked toward the nearest blown out window and as I did, I heard the extinquish of a rocket and saw a red outline surrounding a dark, black circle in the night sky as a rocket flew towards the building we were in... right through the window. I dove behind a pillar and it detonated directly on the other side. That's all I really remember. For some reason, that dream stuck with me. Oh, and by the way, the "noise" I heard but couldn't quite fixate on was the sound of a Cyberdemon walking around outside in the city, off in the distance a little bit behind some other buildings until it came into eyesight of me. How it saw me from that far, I don't know, but it was cool.

The only Doom-related dream I've had was a brief flash. It could be summed up in a gif.

I'm about seven feet from the edge of a cliff, facing a brown wall about ten feet beyond the cliff. On that brown wall there's a window in the upper-right part of my vision. The window has the same texture as the central Imp cage in E1M9.

There's a cacodemon who rises from beyond the cliff and slowly drifts just above the edge. I shoot the single-barrel shotgun once into the cacodemon, it dies its death and falls to the ground. It slides away from me until its death sprite goes off the cliff.

I once had a dream where I was selling my house, which was a Doom level, to my ex. It was worth £20,000 but I sold it in exchange for an Irish flying spider that lived in an egg in a jar.

Okey... So I and some others were playing Doom. We were on somewhere in Knee-Deep In The Dead, probably the fifth mission, the map that starts with the nukage river in front of you. We ran upstairs and shot the resistance which was mostly shotgunners. The floor had already risen in the nukage room, but there were still lots of shotgunners on the other side. When I shot them all, I proceeded to the bridge and encountered a revenant. I shot it couple times with my shotgun. Then I got this idea that some of us would play the bad guys, so they would be more intelligent and challenging. When the badguy dies, the player can select a new badguy to play. While playing it like this we went to the Shores Of Hell and straight to the cyberdemon mission. Someone was playing the cyberdemon and soon all of us were playing the cyberdemon and there were some four cyberdemons and no players. We started to break the walls and throw the wall pieces at the burning skulls which started to spin crazy. Then we started bouncing up and down, because there was weird gravity. But I think we were hacking the game and someone said:"some outsider is coming!" and then we jumped over the walls away from the Doom. I saw the road, but before I hit it, I started to rise... the gravity had turned completely inverse and I floated away from the dream.

Ebon said:

Dreamin about DooM isnt necesseraly a bad sign,
our minds record different events in our everyday lives,
doesnt matter if its playing soccer or playing DooM!
the brain records it and when you sleep the brain is "organizing"
all the impressions or events that might have happen during the last day or last week or so, making you dream about it.

and thats the end of that!

Had a few doom/wolf3-d related dreams before.
One time I drempt a cottonmouth snake kill 7 hellknights, which was funny.
Another one involved me getting to an exit in a narrow hallway, only to find 2 ostriches with rocketlaunchers on their backs to fire and claw at me. Was pretty damn wierd.
I got some other ones but I can't recall them at the moment.

Epyo said:

One of the greatest threads of all time.

(Hint: Read Post 50 and forward!)

that was one of the wierdest threads I've ever seen. I posted early in that thread, but kept track of it un til it ended. it was like a car wreck, I could do nothing but watch. BTW this is a compilation of my posts from that thread:

I said:

I actually had a doom dream the other day to. me and a bunch of people were holed up in a five story apt. building cuz of a plauge of zombies. one day when some of the people went out for supplies, the zombies broke in. they were coming up one stairwell so we went to the other. thats when I heard the baron scream. we saw them coming up the stairs. one of them was female! one guy got fried by green plasma as we raced to the roof, our only alternative. there we saw the city on fire. in the distancewas the cyber-demon shotting down fighter jets. the barons and the zombies reached the roof, and the dream ended.

if any of you want to see what the Baroness of Hell from the dream mentioned above, take a look at this. its a rough character sketch using the details that I remembered from the dream.

the other wierd part of the dream, besides the Baroness, was the coloration of the other Barons. only one was the regular pink/brown. there was one that had bluish-white flesh and cool-gray fur, kinda looking like maybe it was a frost baron. there were two with green flesh and dark brown fur, and one more with blood-red flesh and black fur. would like to see them all in a mod, with different strengths of course.

I've only ever had a dream about Doom 3. I'm such a n00b. :(

It wasn't actually Doom 3 I was in, it was our garden shed at night. And I was amazed at the detail of the graphics, picking up stuff and looking at it all "w00t".

And then a D3 Pinky came and attacked me. Only it looked sorta weird....with multiple things on its head reminiscent of those organs that the Houndeyes from Half Life have on their face.

It was odd.

I ams oon to be playing in my first tourney ever and so I have been playing the level over heaps and heaps and heaps to learn it well (I pwn on it now..) but I had dreams about playing the level through heaps and heaps...
That was the first sleep after I tried the level (Map05 brit11).