• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Janderson

Cloth, doors and fire!

Is there away to;

a) make swinging doors and
b) make floppy materials which allow light to pass through them such as curtains and and flags (is this good enough? I can't think of the right wording.) and
c) also make certain things damageable and flamable.

Thanks for any advice and sorry for my inept descriptions. Also sorry if this belongs in editing.

Janderson said:

Is there away to;

a) make swinging doors and
b) make floppy materials which allow light to pass through them such as curtains and and flags (is this good enough? I can't think of the right wording.) and
c) also make certain things damageable and flamable.

Thanks for any advice and sorry for my inept descriptions. Also sorry if this belongs in editing.

a. I believe so, as there were doors in Hell that swung instead of sliding horizontally or vertically. I'm not exactly sure how as I haven't touched that yet.

b. There are decals in Doom 3. The UAC logos, posters, everything you see on the walls even the demonic symbols and blood splatters are all decals: paper-thin brushes (editing term, a brush is a block that all non-model architecture is made out of) with graphics, all transparent. That said, you can probably make a cloth like texture or material by making a brush and then putting holes in it or something like that, depending on what kind of effect you want.

c. I'm not sure but I believe this goes into the field of scripting and object definitions, or something like that.

a. Yes, I do believe so, it would just take some sscripting.

b. If it were possible to dynamically alter patch meshes (the paper-thin brushes that Xenphire is referring to) based on a vector sent from the player, then yes, but there is no way I know of, so sorry.

c. I have no idea.