Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crazy doomguy

how about partners on DOOM

i believe in one of the levels of cyberdreams you have a nice partner. Gives you a megasphere, protects you from a cyb, you know.

Heh. Wads with Player 2, or also 3 and 4, starts do (well, at least if you can get someone to play Cooperative with... but nowadays with C/S engines it's easier.)

Because it would steal the gameplay and make it like any other game where you're too weak to do it yourself...

Comiclez said:

Because it would steal the gameplay and make it like any other game where you're too weak to do it yourself...

Kinda like Diablo 2 with the 1.10 patch........fucking blizzard.

I disagree, all you have to do is increase the difficulty to impossible then add a helper to make it possible.

ever played Rainbow Six, haveing partners in a co-op can open up all sorts of interesting gameplay when done correctly.

For instance having a partner cover you against a spawning demon onslaught while you have to figure out a series of switches. it would be annoying to keep getting shot in the back at a time like that and going back and forth.

Well in Zdoom you can type the command "addbot" at the console for a co-op bot (you can do the same in Heretic or Hexen, quite fun for a while). DOOM 2.5 (ehem...) has some friendly marines in a few places.

The best co-op i've ever seen was in PSO, an online mission through the caves, where it has many forced branch-off points, including one that sends a character into a teleporter, which closes behind him. The door opens up for his team-mates, but now he's trapped under a series of pistons, forced to dodge them, and with nowhere to go. Then the other team members are forced to run around and rush to free their trapped friend before he gets killed. As well as many other parts where doors close behind the individual party members, and they have to go around opening doors for the other one, kind of like that one side quest in Majora's Mask, if you've ever played it.

MBF had support for friendly marines, though I can't think of too many wads that have used them to good effect.

Dashiva has been working on a coop bot (see the Eleventh Update here).