Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mogul

Episode III: Backstroke of the West

As if the dialogue wasn't bad enough .. this brings it to unprecedented levels of insanity. So good .. I hope this guy picks up more DVDs from the same place. :P

Must be fake. The mis-translations are a bit too convenient. Translating "No" as "Do not want", all the Gollum-speak, Yoda mentioning pregnancy in a scene from the movie where pregnancy simply didn't come up, even the Chinese must know what "fucking" is.

And here we have a fresh batch of quotes that will be overused to much hilarity. my huge guts will enjoy the laughter.

Enjay said:

Must be fake. The mis-translations are a bit too convenient. Translating "No" as "Do not want", all the Gollum-speak, Yoda mentioning pregnancy in a scene from the movie where pregnancy simply didn't come up, even the Chinese must know what "fucking" is.

keep in mind swear words impact change throughout languange. What one insult thats tame here, could translate vaguley into a tame chinese insult, which happens to translate back into our more vulgar swear word

I think this tops Zero Wing. If ZW were longer, maybe it would still be the master.

insertwackynamehere said:

keep in mind swear words impact change throughout languange. What one insult thats tame here, could translate vaguley into a tame chinese insult, which happens to translate back into our more vulgar swear word

Even so, nearly every one of these looks contrived to be funny and most of them simply too convenient for genuine mistakes. Even the title. and the Gollum speak? and the pregnancy?

Also, it's a minor point, and I know funny things can occur in the world of movie piracy so I'm not saying it couldn't be the case, (and I know it says "a direct English translation of the Chinese interpretation of what the script was saying" which I don't really understand) but why is a pirate of what is probably an English language print of the movie subtitled in English? Did they dub it into Chinese then sub title it? Did they put sub titles onto the English print using a (possibly non existent) Chinese script for the movie as their reference?

I personally suspect the site is a bunch of screen grabs from the pirate with captions added using photoshop (etc) to make some funnies.

Read some of the comments below the actual post. A few have some good reasons for why it is not false.

Rofl...Presbytarian Church. But ah, this reminds me of that Two Towers DVD with captions that turned out to be fake.

I tried reading this at work but had to stop at "fucking". I could barely contain myself when I read that.