Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Pics From Some Movie

First 4 Figures was nice enough to send us an email to tell us (well, to tell you really, we are just a proxy) that they've put up some pictures of the upcoming Doom movie in preparation for their selling movie-based figurines to nerds with too much money. The monsters... don't look CGI, that's for sure.

(img)

fp... and they look like hk's.... kinda. No not really. They look like nothing from doom at all.... shit this just gets worse and worse.
They don't even look demonic at all. Just generic mutants, which I begin to fear they are, and not having anything to do with hell\teleportation.
Resident Evil... in... SPACE ace ace ce e

The fact that they are not cgi IS a big plus, but the fact that the design is so non-doomish kills it.

Ok, i see the pic of the supposed Hell Knight Grabbing onto a guy, Weren't the Hell Knights like 3 times taller than the average Adult Human in Doom?

That doesn't have to be a Hell Knight...it could be anything really. Also in Doom, the Hell Knight appears to be as big (maybe a little bigger) than you.

They look very cool for me, like the first DOOM 3 video (that one with the Birdman). The first one I wish is an imp, still if it's not, I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable movie. You can have a good time even if it's not DOOM related at all. Still of course I really hope that hell has something to do with these monsters.

And if it seems to suck badly (by reviews), then that's what certain program called *-mule it's for ;-)

Edit: they have a nice hellish look if you think that their skins look like that because of the flames of hell. Yeah I know most probably that's not gonna happen.

I think if we try too much to compare it to Doom 3 we'll be (moreso) disappointed. It's kind of cool to see that they're keeping true to some aspects of the game itself, though, like the imp autopsy. Unfortunately, said autopsy loses some of its credibility by tossing an attractive woman instead of a middle-aged scientist. I hope that you all understand why this can't be entirely true to the game though. The necessary budget to include the whole Doom monster cast would be pretty high. Or you'd have to at least have some cg monsters instead of live-action. That's the tradeoff you have to consider, I suppose.

The imp looks better on a still even on an autopsy table than it did in the trailer. The Hell Knight though (what they apparently call "The Baron" in the movie" is puny compared to what it is in the game, though. Damnit.

Vegeta said:
And if it seems to suck badly (by reviews), then that's what certain program called *-mule it's for ;-)

Perhaps, but it'll look better on the big screen anyway.

Xenphire said:

The Hell Knight though (what they apparently call "The Baron" in the movie) is puny compared to what it is in the game, though. Damnit.

Should've use Schwartzenaegwer or Shaq in the suit. ;)

Jehar said:

fp... and they look like hk's.... kinda. No not really. They look like nothing from doom at all.... shit this just gets worse and worse.
They don't even look demonic at all. Just generic mutants, which I begin to fear they are, and not having anything to do with hell\teleportation.
Resident Evil... in... SPACE ace ace ce e

I'm pretty sure I speak for many people on this forum as well as myself that I'm about 5 seconds from yelling "SHUT UUUUUUUUPPPP!!!!!" at you the way Arnold did to the kids in "Kindergarten Cop".

And for some reason the computer I'm on freezes IE when I try to click the link to the pictures. Damn library computers...

It was established a very long time ago that there would be non-CGI monsters.

Also Arnold is 6+

Can't even access these pics. Who knows, this may turn out like Final Fantasy; a good movie that has nothing to do with the game.

Heh, one of the guy who played (multiple) imps is also the guy who played that aquatic guy in the crappy Hellboy movie. Although the movie sucked, his motions weren't too bad. Also, he's a rather tall, lanky guy, so I think he fits the imp role.

Scuba Steve said:

Schwartzenegger is like 5'11"

Ralphis said:

Also Arnold is 6+

Wikipedia said:

While Arnold Schwarzenegger's height was always believed to be 6 feet, 2 inches (1.88 m), a July 2002 article in US Weekly magazine speculated that Schwarzenegger was actually closer to 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m). During his campaign for governorship it was noted that Schwarzenegger was considerably shorter than many expected, with others putting his height at around 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m), exactly as reported in US Weekly. His spokespeople now give his height as 6 ft even (1.83 m). In photographs of Schwarzenegger standing next to George W. Bush in Ohio in October 2004, the Governor is one inch shorter than the 5 ft 11 in President.

O_o