Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkFoxSoldier20

I need a bit of help

The teleporters in DB is wierd to no end. I read the the guide and followed it but the teleporter still doesn't function. I got one telporter to work but then returning doesn't work, I applied the "things mode" and put the location of where your supposed to teleport but that's about it. I tried creating two teleporters in one level but it doesn't work. But in Things Mode for the Teleporter location thing I noticed it has a Flag Option in properties and I cannot change or access it. I'm going crazy over the teleporters. Help would be most appreciated.

The teleporters in DB is wierd to no end.

They work the same regardless of the editor you use, so this is a question for the Editing forum really.

Are you doing a regular Doom map or a "Doom in Hexen format" map? How you do it differs for each.

I suppose you want step by step instruction, here they go..

1: Add the teleport function to a line (w1 if it can be used once, wr infinite times, wm if I remember well if it's only activated by monsters). Be sure that the thing doesn't have a "only in deathmatch" or "multiplayer only" "flag" or "appear just in certain skill level".
2: Give the line certain tag number
3: Place the "teleport thing" in the location you want.
4: Give the same tag to the sector that contains the "teleport thing".

Hope it helps.

To make a teleport with the teleport floor aligned well, put the grid on (in such a way that the squares have the same size of a 64x64 sector), then make your sector fit in one of the "grid squares".

Hope it helps.
Feel free to ask if you still have some problems.

Ok, let's say I have the line sector at 1 and I reverse the line with the Flip lindefs tool, set the properties for WR and then place the "Things Mode" for where I want it to be. I know it must have all the boxes checked for Easy, Meduim, Hard, Deatmatch, Coop. But what happens if I want to make another teleport? I can't set a flag for the "Things Mode" teleporter.

Did you tag your sector too, where you will teleport yourself too.
Tag the teleport line to 1 and tag the sector where you teleport to 1 also.
Be sure to place an teleport thing in your destination sector that you tagged 1 earlier.
And check if that thing appears on all skill levels, you don't need to set flags, I never mess arround with flags.
If this doesn't work then im an idiot and I probably suck at explaining things :)

Both sectors are 1. And I have two teleporters set. The lendef tool flipped the lines outward and while in lindef mode I also set the lines to sector tag 1. I walk over the teleporter and crap happens.

That doesn't work, you can only tag one sector 1.
If you do two sectors 1 crap happens like you said.

If you want to make an second teleporter you should tag it to 2, and do the same with your linedefs (tag them 2 also)
Let me know if it works :)