Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kain

tnt2 tales: reinstalled video drivers and got more ram.

as some of you know, i got a tnt2, but it was doggin my system. since i posted about getting my tnt2, i have taken it out, added 32megs more of ram ( stupid bitch if a friend said that since the ram card has chips on both side, it must be 64 ) atleast it works. this is the first time i have had the computer on for an houre without any problems from my card.

um dude any ram stick can be double sided, even the old ass shit. I have 2 sticks of 72pin simm's that are double sided and only have 8 mb each. I have a 64 that is single side, however i think that both the 128's are double. Dont judge ram by its looks, lots of chips dont mean lots of ram. I sold a kid a ram card for a old labtop, apple's first, I think it was like 640k-1mb but it was covered with chips. He said that it had to be atleast a 64mb card, I said dont kid your self. anyway he gave me 25 for it, and i got more of them too. Always look at the ram stick carefuly to see its specks, RAM use to be really picky but it has gotten better

yah i know. but i am saying, that it still makes my computer go a notisable bit faster. i still can play, use programs that need to youse a 3dfx card. i cant even use an md2 viewer for quake2.

There is a large amount about RAM you CAN judge by it's looks. By looking at it, you can tell if it is buffered or unbuffered (which is the same thing as registered versus unregistered), you can tell what it's rated at, you can tell whether it's ECC or not, and you can tell what kind of packaging it uses.

fraggle, I was trying. I really was. I promise.

AT LEAST MAKE AN HONEST ATTEMPT TO SPELL AND TYPE PROPERLY

Jesus.