Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer87

im such a newbie on DB...doors

I'm having trouble with fixing my WAD that my cousin built, and i still need to figure out how to build doors. I tried, but i messed it all up. I'm a n00b when it comes to mapping, so how can i add a door? And oh, i built a room inside a room and the inside has no textures.

The easiest way to learn the basics of mapping is loading an original map into doombuilder.
I learned alot by looking at other wads in doombuilder, making an door isn't as hard as it seems.
Ill try to help you a bit, im not very good at explaining things in english.
But ill try to help you on your way a bit.

Just make three sectors connect all of them together, make the far left and right floor 0 and ceiling 128.
The middle sector should be floor 0 and ceiling 0, and tag that sector 1.
Go into lines mode and select the two double sided linedefs, select them and right click with your mouse button.
Put an 1 at linedef action that will create an door that also can be opened by monsters.
Below that you see sector tag make it 1 also, now save your wad and test it.
You might want to lower unpeg the part where the doortraks are supposed to be, it looks nicer.
There your first door is done.

Your other problem sounds a bit strange to me, does it have missing textures?
Need some more info on that one, and I might be able to help you further.

well, i built a sector inside a sector, and i didnt build a door yet, so i idclipped inside and there was no textures. It was weird, like an invisible wall.

Being of Irish origin from where the best Engilsh literature comes, I'm sure you can read quite well.

What I recommend is that you disable the attach to grid option and draw a small square between the connecting sectors. After you do that, move the vertices to the sides and there you have it, a door. Then you have to adjust the door height and etc. And that's how you do it.

-Alando1

Seeing as how you are a n00b at mapping you should read the doom builder guide. Its a PDF file and it's lengthy but it will solve all your basic mapping questions like doors, telepads, lighting, windows, lifts, ecetera. I know that doesn't help you right now but in one nights worth of reading you will have all your questions answered.