Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkFoxSoldier20

Doom 3 can be annoying

I'm playing it for X-Box since my video card sucks. I'm playing it on Hard and I have to say it's annoying as hell when you keep getting hit in the back without your knowing and when you have no space at all to avoid Imps fireballs or quick attacks... I am trying here! Thank god I'm at the end of the game! Did anyone have the same trouble as me attempting hard mode?

I usually start on easy or medium skill, that way I know what to expect on hard.
You're not always expected to beat the game on the first try on hard..

I beat the game on Medium first. On hard the monsters in the game spawn in different spots and less items are on the floor including Health and Armor. Also when damage is inflicted, more health and more of your armor is taken away from you.

Another thing, if you noticed while playing Medium, you never got the Rocket Launcher on the first part of the game before going to hell. On Hard Mode you get the Rocket Launcher during the first part of the game.

not to toot my horn but, I played on veteran the first time and beat it without much of a sweat. I did find it funner on the xbox though, as ID did say they were focusing on making it more fast paced and action packed, which I prefer. By the way, why isn't anyone talking about the trailer and the pics for the upcoming doom movie?

If I were to play Doom 3 on PC I would have an easier time Aiming and turning more quicker. X-Box is basically just all Joystick... I love my keyboard and mouse to no end when it comes to accuracy.

And by the way, Doom Movie? Oh damn I gotts see that.

the game annoyed the fuck out of me. when I get hit my vishion gets messed up, and by the time I recover and aim properly I get hit again. sometimes I'll try to move out of the way but something seems to be in the way. wait let me take out my flash light to see what it is while imps pommel and ass fuck me.

That's old news for me. That always happens. What about the demon with the long ass arm? Reminds me of that creature from Resident Evil Code Veronica. That bitch always hit me with his long arm. I had to fight 7 of these in Doom 3 and I had no choice but to waste my precious plasma gun...

Shapeless said:

the game annoyed the fuck out of me. when I get hit my vishion gets messed up, and by the time I recover and aim properly I get hit again. sometimes I'll try to move out of the way but something seems to be in the way. wait let me take out my flash light to see what it is while imps pommel and ass fuck me.

Or turn to rocket attack a wall to watch the screen go red and your health drop to -23

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

What about the demon with the long ass arm? Reminds me of that creature from Resident Evil Code Veronica. That bitch always hit me with his long arm. I had to fight 7 of these in Doom 3 and I had no choice but to waste my precious plasma gun...

indeed, the Commando gets my nomination for the cheesiest enemy in Doom 3.

DarkFoxSoldier20 said:

That bitch always hit me with his long arm.

Wanna avoid the arm? Get ready for this amazing technique...crouch.

You can run backwards just about as fast as he can run forwards too, so if you see him coming, you can run backwards and use a less valueable weapon, machine gun for example, instead of wasting plasma.
If you want to go real ballsy, run towards him... a perfectly placed shotgun blast to the face will kill him, even on hard.

true but at least I can see what's going on. Anyway I usually shoot him with the shotgun and then duck when he's about to through his tantacle at me to shoot him again in the face :)

I didn't find him very annoying.

He does open up one "texas size can of whoopass" on you though. i like him and the way the chaingunner walks, looks quite menacing.

While hosting on a LMS SP Coop server. While on Monorail I came out of the train go through the door as usual, the Melee Commando comes out, I duck his tentencale when I came back to shoot him in the face with the shotgun, he kicks me like 5 feet and knocks me down below the train.

Quite a powerful kick.