Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sitters

Update shots Risen Egypt

Recommended Posts

That third screenshot is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see the finished product! :D

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everybody,

I appreciate the replies.

Risen3D is must faster, I did some tests and Risen3D is 3 times faster then doomsday.
Only hires textures is more work, I must replace them and can't add them like in doomsday.
I hope, I can now make a big wad and don't have problems with lag.

Greetings.

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully these will be easier to run than Jdoom.

How can it possibly be easier? In jDoom all you have to do is to put the pk3 in data/auto... In Risen3D you'll have to install a boat load of files and make sure they are in the right place.

So have you changed over to Risen3D completely sitters? Or will you still continue to release stuff for Doomsday?

Skyjake has plans for a mammoth speed boost in 1.9.1 (using a fancy system of dynamically freezing the rendering lists plus other stuff) plus I should have the bulk of the BOOM support in place at that time too.

Nice work so far sitters, I'll definetly be playing this.

I wasn't too fond of your last map (RocketBase) as personally I thought it was too linear and boring.

Share this post


Link to post
DaniJ said:

So have you changed over to Risen3D completely sitters? Or will you still continue to release stuff for Doomsday?


No I am not changed completely, My favorite port is still doomsday.
But on this moment when I work with doomsday, the lag is pissing me off.
When I make a map, I first make all the rooms I need for the story, then I making the game play and the traps etc.
And always the lag is killing my levels, when I start making the game play then I'd still need a lot of linedefs and sectors, and the lag comes more and more.
Then I must remake or remove rooms or remove traps.
On this manner it is no fun to make a level.

Now I tryout Risen3D and if this is also sad, then I'd going to do something else with my creativity.

Greetings.

And with rocket base I was again pist off, and stop putting energy in it.

Share this post


Link to post
sitters said:

And with rocket base I was again pist off, and stop putting energy in it.

Sorry to hear that. But yeah, I imagine it would get pretty fustrating.

DaniJ said:

Skyjake has plans for a mammoth speed boost in 1.9.1 (using a fancy system of dynamically freezing the rendering lists plus other stuff) plus I should have the bulk of the BOOM support in place at that time too.

Both long overdue, IMHO. ;) Definitely looking forward to both. :)


Anyway, back to the topic at hand, the level is looking great, sitters. Definitely look forward to playing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Nuxius said:

Sorry to hear that. But yeah, I imagine it would get pretty frustrating.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, the level is looking great, sitters. Definitely look forward to playing it.


Thanks,

Yea it is frustrating when you make a nice room with a good FPS and go back after a few rooms, and your FPS is dropping by half on the same room.
Anyway, doomsday is still my favorite port, but first they must solve the lag and then add more feathers.

Bias lightning is a very nice feature, but when you don't use it then still, it cost the engine 10 FPS performance.
And that is always, when you let the engine do more work, it cost performance.

You can say replace the dynamic light for bias light then the overall performance is better, but that is in my personal opinion not the solution.

You must take the bull by his balls, and not replace his horns.

So I make a level for risen3d, and if this is also not satisfise then I'd going to improve my model skills, till doomsday is rock and rolling and then we can blow all the ports of the earth.

Greetings.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm confused about the scale. Compared to those palm trees it looks like the skeleton is about 3 meters long.

Share this post


Link to post
david_a said:

I'm confused about the scale. Compared to those palm trees it looks like the skeleton is about 3 meters long.


Yes I did already rescale them, but I must still update my shots.


greetings.

Share this post


Link to post
sitters said:

Yes I did already rescale them, but I must still update my shots.


Ok cool, I was wondering if this WAD was about fighting Egyptian giants or something:)

Share this post


Link to post
david_a said:

Ok cool, I was wondering if this WAD was about fighting Egyptian giants or something:)


Thanks everybody,

I have update the shots
The skeletons are now scaled to human proportions.

Greetings.

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, these screenshots are the most amazing thing I've seen in a long time! Those 3D models look just plain awesome, especially considering that this is still the Doom engine. Keep up the insanely good work, Sitters!

Share this post


Link to post

Cool your making an mod for far cry, its that good nice work.
If someone would't say that this was an far cry mod I would't have believed him.
Its amazing to see what you can do with risen3D, are you going to stick with this port?
Can you make your maps bigger than those for doomsday, or would't that lag too much.

Somehow doom and the egypt style match quite well together, im going to make an egypt map too.
Keep it up sitters.

Share this post


Link to post
dutch devill said:

Cool Its amazing to see what you can do with risen3D, are you going to stick with this port?
Can you make your maps bigger than those for doomsday, or would't that lag too much.
Keep it up sitters.


One the moment rised3D is 3 times faster and can handle more linedefs and sectors then doomsday.
So it must be no problem to make the map bigger.

With this level I am going to test risen3D and going to use all the feathers, like swimming water, 3D floors, mp3 music and more boom feathers.
And much traps and puzzling, to see what risen3D can do.

Anyway, no I am not stick in a port, I am using the port that gives me most satisfaction, but the port must have models, hires and dynamic light.
So there are 3 ports with this : doomsday, rise3D and Vavoom.
First I work with doomsday.
Now I work with risen3D.
And then maybe vavoom ( but I think this cant beat risen or doomsday).

greetings.

Share this post


Link to post
david_a said:

Ok cool, I was wondering if this WAD was about fighting Egyptian giants or something:)

That would rock.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks everybody,


I love the speed of Risen3D, all the light in the cave is dynamic.
And still a lot of FPS.

And Nmn, if you like modeling then you must switch over.

greetings.

Share this post


Link to post

All Your Bumpage are belong to us

sitters said:

And Nmn, if you like modeling then you must switch over.

greetings.

I wished ;_; I'll have to satisfy myself with Voxels :(

Share this post


Link to post

Looking good, as always, Sitters. I'm happy you are going with the Egypt theme, Hell on Egpyt is my favorite of your creations so far.

I have a Risen3D question that I can't find the answer to. I finally got R3D up and running in preparation for this new map, and just to check it out and compare to Doomsday. The instructions say to increase the memory in the graphics tab in the launcher but the 'Zone Memory' only lets me choose up to 48 MB. The instructions say to up that to at least 256 MB for models and hires graphics.

Anyone else have this problem? And how do I up the allocated memory in the launcher so things don't lag when the fighting gets out of hand? I haven't seen any real lag playing through a few maps of Doom II with models, but I want to be prepared for the glory that is a Sitters map.

Peace out-

Share this post


Link to post

Man, Sitters, this map is really looking good! If you had shown me the last few screenshots without the hud or pistol, I would have probably thought this map was made for Unreal Tournament '99 rather than Doom. :D I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!

Share this post


Link to post
OldMan said:

I have a Risen3D question that I can't find the answer to. I finally got R3D up and running in preparation for this new map, and just to check it out and compare to Doomsday. The instructions say to increase the memory in the graphics tab in the launcher but the 'Zone Memory' only lets me choose up to 48 MB. The instructions say to up that to at least 256 MB for models and hires graphics.


Strange I have the launcher 3.04 and I can fill in 256 MB or more or less. So I don't no what the problem is with your launcher.
Anyway for the level, I make a setup program that installs all the directories for the level.
And it also has a small launcher for the level with all the parameters that are needed for playing.

So for the level you don't need the risen launcher ( for the users of windows ).

I don't no if there are players with a other OS, but if there is a need I can also make a normal .zip file with the Dir structure and a batch file with the parameters.

Snarbo said:

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us!


I have still no problems with lag, so I keep on expanding the level with nice rooms, traps and puzzles.

greetings.

Share this post


Link to post

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
×