Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hunter

Doom Collection

can i ask what is the way to buy doom collection from id software
after pay everything is it order by mail or download?

You can download each of the games from them for a price, but the collector's edition is a CD with all the games (for about the price of one of the games.)

myk said:

You can download each of the games from them for a price, but the collector's edition is a CD with all the games (for about the price of one of the games.)

Warning, that I think the actual GAME does not come on the Collector's Edition release. Hard to believe that, I know.

edit: oh, and Ebay can be a good place to get them cheap.

I've bought the Doom Collector's Edition, and it does include the actual games: Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom. There's no installation necessary to fetch the IWADs, the .wad files are already uncompressed on the CD.

Only drawback is that it comes with Doom 95, but it can easily be remidied with a good source port.

Or you could also go thru the jewel case selections at compusa or bestbuy (if your in the u.s. that is) for doom II witch does happen to surface on occasion and ive seen it for as low as $4.99. and then theres the boxed "ultimate Doom" witch includes the fourth episode "Thy flesh consumed" for anywhere between (that i have seen) $9.99 to $14.99 at best buy/compusa. and i have seen the master levels surface also wether out of print/from old stock or whatever (jewel case) that i have seen on a $2.99-3.99 rack. just keep your eyes open you will run into them.

What Opulent meant is that Collector's Edition doesn't include the DOS exes. It contains all the iwads (i.e. the game data).

You can get the Doom2.exe by downloading the shareware (the exe is identical, surprisingly enough), and you can use that exe to play Final Doom (albeit with some behavioral differences). I think you can also use the Ultimate Doom upgrade patch to give you the Ultimate Doom exe, though I have never actually done that myself.

You can get the DOS exes from myk's site.