Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ultdoomer

Need Building Help

Is there is a way to figure out where the first game tic of a level is for a multi-level demo using LMPC? I would like to build perfect starts for levels, but I can't except for the first level because that's the only level I know where the first game tic is.

I only know how to convert files using LMPC, so there's a lot of other features that I don't know how to use. I was wondering if there is something in that program that could help me. If not, is there another program that could help?

I think "df=timer" will give you that information, but my understanding is that this program is not meant to be made public at present.

Presumably there is a standard time delay between the keyboard press that exits the intermission screen and the new level starting. I'm not sure exactly what that delay is, but presumably it can be found with a little experimentation.

Edit: after a bit of fiddling around, I think there are ten gametics in between the "UT" tic to exit the intermission screen, and the first gametic in the next level. Edit2: after a little more testing, I'm pretty sure about that.

Grazza said:

Edit: after a bit of fiddling around, I think there are ten gametics in between the "UT" tic to exit the intermission screen, and the first gametic in the next level. Edit2: after a little more testing, I'm pretty sure about that.

So is this the best thing to do?

UT - the use tic to end the Achievement Screen
WT
WT
WT
WT
WT
WT - ten wait tics
WT
WT
WT
WT
XX?? YY?? ZZ?? - the first tics of the next level

Opulent said:

There is MBFLMPC to make multi-level demos... and prboom2.2.6 of course.

I would like it to be original executable-compatible. According to the MBFLMPC documentation, the syntax is similar to LMPC, but not exactly the same. That will quickly lead to desyncs.

I will use PrBoom for 99% of the demo; I will just build the first several tics to get perfect starts.

Yes, that's what it will look like.

I don't think it matters what you put in the ten tics between the relevant UT and first tic on the next level - they're ignored.