Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bank

Best Ad on Television: "Tiny House", what is the world coming to?

http://www.slate.com/id/2123285/?GT1=6772

This article chronicals the brilliance and sheer "genius" to one of the most popular TV ads, the Geico "Tiny House" ad.

The marriage was built to last, but the house was built too small!

What is this, Bizarro world?!? What's next, an awards show for ads? What is the world coming too!?!??

Personally, while I like the ad, I think that this goes too far, ah, how I remember the good old days when ads were dispised, not glorified, DAMN YOU GEICO!

I think the Geico commercials are really pretty funny commericials. Especially that new one that looks and sounds like an old navy commercial. Priceless.

Geico and Mitsubishi are the few companies with commercials I find rather amusing often :P

To this day I still wonder why Geico still produces commercials that have nothing to do with anything. They're obviously failing.

I just got my ass kicked in Skulltag, but I have good news!

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance!

EDIT: Why don't spoiler tags work?

Haha, the first time I seen it on TV I though it was real, I bust out laughing for an hour thinking it was another shitty reality tv show! It was not till the next day I reilized it was a car insurance commercial... : P

Jack in the Box makes some pretty funny commercials too. I liked the "Win Jack's Stuff" one. :P

I don't think there's any Jack in the Box in my region and I've never seen a commercial for them. But what we do have in my region is all three monster cereals, Count Chocula, Booberry, and Frankenberry. So ha.

Heh, I've always liked Geico commercials, even if only for the fact that they're stupid as hell. These new ones definitely take the cake for being the most stupid and funny at the same time (especially the Tiny House and Speed Racer ones).

In fact, the entire point of Geico making commercials like that is so people will remember them more, and therefore, remember the name of the company. So far, it seems to be working. :P

they also have a new one with tony little and the gazelle fitness machine. You know, a lot of companies are hiring people that think they're funny to do commercials that intend to be funny. I think the best ads are ALWAYS during the super bowl, since the network airing those ads makes 2.5 million dollars for a 30-second ad.

Geico just spent WAY too much money on actors for a tv commercial plus airtime..
Good news! We just sold car insurance to over a billion more morons world wide!

Every time I have to replace a remote control, it's because the mute button was worn down from overuse.

That's what I think about nearly all commercials.

Ichor said:

Every time I have to replace a remote control, it's because the mute button was worn down from overuse.

Thats exactly what I do too.

Nightmare Doom said:

It will be suitable for Hobbits.

I agree! :D

Hahahaha, those commericals make me laugh in too many ways to explain. :D Especially that caveman one.

Ichor said:

Way to stick it to the man, Che.