Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedwarrior1981

problems loading the WIP page

Is the page down or something I can't access the Wads In Progress page strangely though when I first reinstalled Windows I was able to look at the webpage but now for some reason it won't load is there some feature in the new version of IE that keeps me from viewing it and if so what do I have to do to fix it

i gave up with WIP its been over 5 months since i last was able to access it...maybe longer so i gave up :( E-mail the owner of teh site if you have problems...i think his name is Boris...i might be wrong.

The DNS problem should have been fixed a couple weeks ago, so any of the domain names should work.

Apparently there's another problem, however. Some people can't access the size because the packets are lost somewhere in my ISP's net. Nothing I can really do about that.

So, if you have any problems first make sure if the domain name won't be resolved (try "nslookup wadsinprogress.info" and/or "nslookup wadsinprogress.info" in a command prompt), or if the packets are lost somewhere (with "tracert domain_name_here").

Strange thing is, it just might. Firefox wont load WIP, and tracert stops somewhere in germany...

Yet IE still opens it in any of its incarnations (wip.paci-fist.org, wadsinprogress.info, wadsinprogrss.info).

Odd, no?

it used to be that i could access wip.paci-fist.org. now i can't even access that. neither with FF or IE.

i tested all three urls, they all seem to lock up in germany.

tracert'd mancubus.net as well- nothing even happens.

wow actually I've been having to use the really old address for months but now wadsinprogress.info works, hooray

So, i had a little chat with someone from ish and he told me that pcai-fist.org is hosted by some of their customers, i assume that is boris, and he must have is computer off.
So, boris, either turn on your computer or host paci-fist.org somewhere else.
Strato gives away linux servers for 30€/month ;)