Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vile1011

Screw it, I'll make the damned megawad

Since my Sanity Bleeds demo went over so well, I went and looked at my unfinished megawad, and dammit, I miss the stupid thing. The biggest reason I cancelled it was because several areas were desperately lacking in detail and bringing them all up to my standards would take forever.

I've decided to start up the project again, once I finish a map I'm working on right now. The catch is that I won't continue work on another wad I had going: http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=477

The map is a very long and pretty nice looking tunnel. I was originally going to have the entire area forced scrolling and have the player run down the track and try to kill as many monsters as possible before reaching the end. It doesn't quite work though, but I think the level would make a really nice moving skybox for a futuristic train level. So I'm going to give out the wad for anyone to do anything they want with.

Does anyone know where I can upload this file to? Obviously I can't put it in newstuff since it's unfinished. It's also a big download(there are texture packs too, biotex.wad and d1gfxd2.wad).

If all else fails, I can give out the wad by email. There's some missing textures, but on the whole it's presentable.

Vile1011 said:

The biggest reason I cancelled it was because several areas were desperately lacking in detail and bringing them all up to my standards would take forever.

This has been the process that's holding up my megawad. Most of the maps were done in the 96-98 era and really show their age. Updating them is time consuming and for some reason when I start working on an old map progress goes very slow. It's hard to justify updating a map that on one has even seen!

Anyway, it's awesome you're going to work on it, i say if you're enjoying the process then keep going! I'll happily wait for it.

Heh, the tunnel map sounds very interesting, indeed! I'd like to have a look at it. My e-mail is xaser.88(at)gmail.com. If you wanted to, you could use rapidshare.de]Rapidshare or something like that to upload the file for other people to download, though.

Finally, I'm glad to see that you're continuing Sanity Bleeds! The demo you posted is quite amazing, and I'd love to see what the full megawad will have in store. :P

Good luck...may you laugh in the face of the stress caused by your imminent gruelling workload

Chrono_T said:

Rapidshare = :(

Find someone to host it for ye.

If anyone here wants to, let me know.

Hah! I knew you'd give in to my demands and finish this megawad eventually. Good to see it's going somewhere rather than nowhere :)

i totally feel for you vile. while working on atmosphere, i decided to "remake" doom forever. its a bitch when you dig "nook and crannies", if yuh know what i mean.