Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Doom On The iPod

How did we miss this when it hit every tech site known to man last week? Probably because we suck. In any event, Doom on the iPod. Yes, actual Doom that you actually play on an actual iPod. No, I don't think that anyone will actually seriously use this, but getting Doom to run on Gadget XYZ is some sort of nerd badge of honor, so huzzah.

how the fuck is it possible to run doom on an ipod?! i thought all an ipod is is an audio playback device... i didn't think it had like a processor or memory or any of that shit. weird. eh, i'm totally ignorant when it comes to anything other than desktops and laptops anyway

Damn, my iPod model doesn't support it. I'd try it, looks a bit laggy in those demo videos, though...

It's a neat hack, but looks like it's running on a 386 in the videos. Maybe an update with smaller display and less graphics effects will help .. but not much. :P

SirBardCat said:

i thought all an ipod is is an audio playback device... i didn't think it had like a processor or memory or any of that shit.

Bahahahahahahahahaha. That is the single funniest thing I've heard in a long time.

SirBardCat said:

how the fuck is it possible to run doom on an ipod?! i thought all an ipod is is an audio playback device... i didn't think it had like a processor or memory or any of that shit.

Um, calculators have processors and memory too...

exp(x) said:

If I had an ipod, I would install it. I have doom on my phone, but this is better.

What kind of phone do you have? I have a Nokia 6620, willit run on Symbian?