Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nanite10

Old Computer Games!

What are your favorite old computer games that could be played on a 486 or less? Please give me a variety. I am pretty much looking for other games then first person shooters because I know almost all of them.

# Master of Orion 1
# DooM and brethen
# Civilization I
# Master Of Magic
# Terminal Velocity (320x200 :)
# Ishar II

At least those are the ones I played back during my 486/DX days...

Wing Commander 1 + 2
Wing Commander: Privateer + Righteous Fire
Chuck Yeager's Air Combat (amazing game, one of the best of the best)
Abrams Battle Tank (still the best tank sim imho)
Falcon 3

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

LOSER BALL! (A kick butt puzzle game which I found off of the '1000+ Great Games' cd, which includes a lot of Doom IWADS, including Memento Mori)

What else,.... Worms... Dark Forces was alright..... Sam & Max Hit The Road! A hilarious game.... and then some.

X-COM: UFO Defense.

I can't get this game to load properly on anything stronger than a Pentium I. Has anyone had any success playing it on a modern system?

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Tyrian!

And Raptor, too.

Oh yeah! those too. Tyrian whooped butt. And Wolf 3D is the most fun FPS ever, when it comes to brainless arcade-style action.

How could we forget?

Mechwarrior 2 (woo!)

Shattered Steel

Earthsiege

And my personal favorite, ABUSE

Don't forget Princess Maker!

If you can find it, great strategy game (9MB??!!? WTF?) Laser Squad

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

THE 2D DUKE NUKEM GAMES. THE BEST 2D PC SHOOTERS. EVER. :) Duke Nukum and Duke Nukem II.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Yeah, Abuse was pretty cool. I only have the shareware version, though. I never BOUGHT many comp games, really. :/

Mechwarrior II? In a 486?

I got the enhanced textures version with my old Matrox Mystique, but that was Pentium's era for me. :)

MWII will run FINE on a 486. I used to play it on a 486/66 all the time.

I got the 'Titanium' edition for Direct3D and Glide for 5$. It included MW2, Ghost Bear's Legacy, and Mercenaries.

Critical Hit : Heatsink
Critical Hit : Engine
Critical Hit : Gyro
Critical Hit : Internal Ammo Explosion Detected

Gotta love those PPCs ^_^

Well, I'm forgetting things like Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, Goblins II, Lemmings, etc etc

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

SCORCHED EARTH AND TANK WARS! Explosions that fill up 3/4 of the screen are FUN. And they take out at least 5 enemy tanks in a ten-tank match.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

WOW! MY HUNDREDTH POST! Am I a member yet?

I got the enhanced textures version with my old Matrox Mystique, but that was Pentium's era for me. :)

Hahaha, I got that one too. Didn't it also come with Descrution Derby and Scorched Earth (or something to that extent)? God I hated MW2, my friend was always trying to get me to play network games with him in that damn thing, but I was never up for memorizing each of the 400 different functions you need to even walk around.