Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fanatic

New Album Tomorrow By Fanatic

For those of you that didn't know, several of your fellow DOOMer friends have contributed to a drum competition I started a few months ago. The album is officially finished as of tonight and will be released tomorrow (August 12th) at 10pm EST.

This competition was setup so users from the community would write and record their own drum track as a complete song, but just the drums. Then I get the drum track and I get to write any music I wanted to fit it. I did all vocals/melodies and live guitars - bass, rhythm, acoustic, leads, etc. And these turned out to be some awesome tracks too. If you like my other tunes (especially tracks from my album "Thick"), you will definitely like this one.

The album has 8 tracks totalling 35:13 (32.3 megs).

So check in tomorrow night around 10pm EST at http://fanaticalproductions.net for the new album.

The contributors for drum tracks were (in alphabetical order):

-Archwyrm
-Flood
-Grimwold
-Pablo B.C.
-Tobester
-Zerofx

The server will most likely have bandwidth problems once the downloads begin, so if you have problems getting a download, try again later over the weekend, or try the streaming audio using Winamp or Music Match (the new album will be the only album on the streaming server for a while). It should be able to keep up, but only has 5 slots open.

Get ready to rock!

Heh cool, I was just listening to Fragging Fanatical for the first time in a while last night.

One thing that amazes me about fanatical's music after 4 years is that they all switch melody at around 32 seconds.

why is that fanatical?

Ah fuck.. I wish I'd known about this.. I have DFH 2.0 with a couple upgrades and a small universe of early 90s/late 80s digital drum-machines.

K uhm, just went and tried to download, first tried downloading a "mp3", and then it asked me if I wanted to open a HTML file. When I did Save Link As, it then wanted me to save the HTML file. So unfortunately, the download system at that site is heavily borked... unless I have to wait for a html file to download, which is then garbled and meaningless...

It's an error message generated by the server.

That happened to me with the fourth track (either version.) What I did is download the ZIP file with all the MP3s, which is linked under the download table.

myk said:

It's an error message generated by the server.

That happened to me with the fourth track (either version.) What I did is download the ZIP file with all the MP3s, which is linked under the download table.

I fixed that. The file name was bad for the MP3 download by itself.

b00mb0dy said:

K uhm, just went and tried to download, first tried downloading a "mp3", and then it asked me if I wanted to open a HTML file. When I did Save Link As, it then wanted me to save the HTML file. So unfortunately, the download system at that site is heavily borked... unless I have to wait for a html file to download, which is then garbled and meaningless...

You are the first person to report an issue with my download system out of 29,267 hits. It's something unique to your system.

When you click on an MP3 link, the link shows as .htm, but it returns a MIME type of MP3 from the server.

What browser are you using?

Fanatic said:

You are the first person to report an issue with my download system out of 29,267 hits. It's something unique to your system.

When you click on an MP3 link, the link shows as .htm, but it returns a MIME type of MP3 from the server.

What browser are you using?

Firefox. I just downloaded the zip fulla MP3s anyway...

Yea its kinda like the problem i used to have downloading winamp skins from deviantart...that problem was unique to only my system...

oh well.

Could be file associations or some kind of browser plugin (like how Quicktime likes to steal things away from other MP3 players).

I don't use Firefox, so I can't be of much help there.

Great set of songs, Fanatic!

Think I'll be checking out some of your other work once 'complexities' has had a few more rounds in the jukebox

Keep it coming :)

There's some nice songs in there, but the drum tracks don't really blend in with the mixture. If you understand what I mean.

Uncle 80 said:

Great set of songs, Fanatic!

Think I'll be checking out some of your other work once 'complexities' has had a few more rounds in the jukebox

Keep it coming :)

Thanks!

I have a slew of other songs in line for release (like 40 of them, most are better than the ones from Complexities too), but they are for pending unreleased gaming projects. So they are on hold until then.

I have like 14 projects in queue right now, lots are in the works.

Not bad. I'd say the drums were worked around pretty well overall; not that it's too easy to work on an unalterable base. Some of the vocals (and the music a bit, too) reminded me of Anacrusis, could that be?

myk said:

Not bad. I'd say the drums were worked around pretty well overall; not that it's too easy to work on an unalterable base. Some of the vocals (and the music a bit, too) reminded me of Anacrusis, could that be?

I've actually never heard of Anacrusis.

The vocal style is just an evolutionary thing, something I've been pushing to do. I've never heard anything quite like it myself.

BlackFish said:

Great stuff. I want instrumentals of them though.

I'll have to think about that one. They lose a lot of the magical melody without vocals...

kristus said:

There's some nice songs in there, but the drum tracks don't really blend in with the mixture. If you understand what I mean.

Making programmed drums sound like a live drum set is virtually impossible. Ride and Cymbal samples can never sound authentic, no matter how many fancy filters you apply to it.

And yes, some of the drum tracks suffer a bit from this. But as long as the rest of the music is good, that's something I can live with.

:)

Fanatic said:
I've actually never heard of Anacrusis.

The vocal style is just an evolutionary thing, something I've been pushing to do. I've never heard anything quite like it myself.

Cool; it was Mortal I Am and Misanthropic that gave me that impression (particularly in relation to their last album) due to the stress and cadence employed, your style being more thrashy. Anacrusis' site is here. They aren't active anymore as such, as far as I know, but the site even has music to listen to.