Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lutrov71

Looking forward to?

What Doom wads are you currently looking forward to playing when released? There haven't been many great wads released so far in 2005 so I'd like to see what people are looking forward to playing. :)

There are many wads I'm looking forward, RTC Hub2 is at the top of the list, but I'm also looking forward to releasing things, Congestion 1024 in particular.

Armadosia, Kama Sutra and Scythe2 have already been released in 2005 - they're more than a year's worth of great wads alone.

I'm looking forward to:

• A rerelease of Armadosia, with some bugs/issues fixed (not sure if this will happen)
  • Plutonia 2 (if it's still on)
  • Shtbag's as yet still unnamed megawad (I hope he hasn't lost interest in finishing this)
  • Thomas van der Velden's "Harmony"
  • Deus Vult II

I guess it is more then a years worth, I didn't think of those, but still, I expect more good stuff to be released this year.

Oh and Plutonia is still in production and Shtbags megawad is still being worked on, fairly slowly though.

I mentioned three megaWADs here. Only one of those is still unreleased: Plutonia II. I doubt it'll be released any time soon, though (feel free to prove me wrong, whoever's in charge of things there! ;-D)

Afaik, Sam Woodman is still holding on to it.

I think the wads such as STLMS and STCTF are good and special wads, and they have both been released this year.

Except for projects that I have some involvement in myself (Plutonia 2, RTC, Nimrod, etc), I'm not really looking forward to anything in particular. Deus Vult 2 could be intresting, but I never played past the 3rd room in DV1.

I'm not keeping up with what is coming and what is not. So, is there anything intresting coming?

Yeah, Metabolist is in charge of Plutonia 2, I think. But I bet the Casali brothers will break into his house and put him out of his misery. You can't mess with the familia Casali.

As for the thread subject: Nothing. I don't recall any projects that suit my preferences right now (perhaps I'm forgetful) and I like being surprised. Plus you never know if stuff will be finished anyway.

But I'm working a lot on this. The page doesn't say much, though. And it won't say anything else till it's released!

Don't worry guys, Plutonia 2 is still progressing. I don't know if I can give any details about whats happening with it though..

Tetzlaff said:

RTC Hub 2, Knee Deep in ZDoom, and the Doom3 in Doom2 project.

there will be no hub 2 for RTC sadly, that said, I'm looking forward to RTC-3057 final version, all 7 scrumptious hubs, if they are ever made. :(

Xanthier said:

there will be no hub 2 for RTC sadly, that said, I'm looking forward to RTC-3057 final version, all 7 scrumptious hubs, if they are ever made. :(

There's only 6 planned, but ok. :p

No particular order

1.TUD's Hexen project (I forgot what it's called..) (The Ultimate Doomer)
-after SSD I think he's really capable of creating something grand.

2.Doom Resurrection part 2 (Fatal)
-first part was very memorable

3.Knee-Deep in Zdoom (Torm, Nick, Risen, Vader, Kirby, TDA)
-well I worked on it.. :)

4.Return of the Triad (el Zee and 5hifty)
-looks interesting. Rott was fun.

5.Aknai (Blackfish)
-definately looks interesting

6.Malice (Zap)
-same

7.Agent Death (Scero)
-might be fun with many new graphics

8.TNT 4 (Tormentor)
-looks awesome

Grazza said:

• Shtbag's as yet still unnamed megawad (I hope he hasn't lost interest in finishing this)[/list]

• I haven't lost interest at all, its just that my mapping and music skills have increased greatly since I started it and now I'm not satisfied with my earlier stuff.

I'm starting many maps over from scratch which is whats taking so long, plus I have alot of work on the music. I have 32 maps and MIDIs but I'm satisfied with about 10% of it. I have also been side tracked with learning zdoom stuff and starting some different projects. Circus666.wad was one of those zdoom projects and I'm about ready to release another.

Once DoomWadStation is up and running I'm going to have a site hosted there with all my doom stuff available for download, including in-progress/unfinished stuff.

/me reads thread, weeps quietly...

-DVII

-Scourge

-TNT4

-Netherworld

-Anything by Team Future

-Simplicity

Those are a few I can think of right away.

Vile said:

Everything listed plus Foreverhood.

Oh my. How could I have forgotten to list it? yes yes!

Lutrov71 said:

What Doom wads are you currently looking forward to playing when released?

LETHE by Dr. Sleep

Greetings
    Funduke

Nmn said:

4.Return of the Triad (el Zee and 5hifty)
    -looks interesting. Rott was fun.

Oh yes I forgot about it, wait that also reminds me...I need that zdoom community build...

Dittohead said:

heh

Yes! 2012 is right around the corner...:P

Foreverhood... that's about it. I think there might be a couple others I'm forgetting like Tremor 2 and stuff.. but nothing really catches my eye besides that... correction nothing with a chance of being released this year.

There's a couple of things comeing out that have allready been listed here a few times that I'm looking forward to.

But I would really like to see some of the demos recorded for Deus Vult 2, now there is something I'm really looking forward to!

Since no-one else has mentioned them yet, I'm still looking forward to Millennium and Mordeth Episode 2 :-(

LordK said:

Since no-one else has mentioned them yet, I'm still looking forward to Millennium and Mordeth Episode 2 :-(

Scuba Steve said:

...correction nothing with a chance of being released this year.