Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

doom movie

Sounds great, but I'm a little perplexed as to why the zombie with the chainsaw has a CG chainsaw. Would it have really been too much toruble to have him weild a real one? It's also a tad disappointing that the Pinky is CG, but I suppose it would have been too expensive or even impossible to do as an anamatronic puppet.

They probably cant do a robotic puppet for pinky if most of the body mass is infront of it. It could make to puppet too difficult to perform. Ah who knows..

They did the chainsaw CGI because a real life chainsaw of that size would be nearly impossible to wield around like that. It's a heavy piece of machinery. The movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" required the part of Leatherface to be a above average strong person because of it.

baronofhell said:

They did the chainsaw CGI because a real life chainsaw of that size would be nearly impossible to wield around like that. It's a heavy piece of machinery. The movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" required the part of Leatherface to be a above average strong person because of it.

God forbid the guy portraying the scary zombie has muscles.

I hear ya, besides, the chainsaw zombie in doom3 looks pretty stocky anyway! Maybe they thought it was to dangerous for a live chainsaw to be used on an enclosed set with a lot of people around, I don't know.

You could always remove the chain. In a fast paced
chainsaw fight with the right lighting and whatnot,
nobody would notice that the chainsaw was missing
the blades, and spark effects could be added later.

Last Halloween my brother pulled a similar stunt on
me. I was never so sure that I was going to die a
grisly death as I was in those 5 seconds. :)

GoatLord said:

Sounds great, but I'm a little perplexed as to why the zombie with the chainsaw has a CG chainsaw.

Probably has to do with the cramped sets, chainsaws need to operate with a lot of open air.

Also, a hefty man can whip a chainsaw around quite easily, you're just scrawny :-P

Yeah I'd imagine it had alot to do with the closed, cramped conditions on the set. See most chainsaws use gas to operate, which creates carbon monoxide, which isn't a good thing to have in a closed environment. I still don't like pinky being in a wheelchair. Ach... I'll still go see this anyways.

I sure hope it will not flop, cause the trailer ive seen looked impressive to me.
I want to see this movie, I hope it will be a long one too...about two hours would be nice.

dutch devill said:

I want to see this movie, I hope it will be a long one too...about two hours would be nice.

It could be four...you never know. I saw lord of the rings and i knew it was gonna be long, but not 4 HOURS long.

I seriously doubt it will be anywhere close to four hours long, it's an action movie. Most movies that are that long are dramas/adventure and movies that have a deep plot, or a lot going on. Somehow, I don't think Doom fits that mold. And I don't know why, but I love saying DOOM.