Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

What the Stars Deserve

Do you think that we have the right to know every little thing that celebrities do? Or do Celebrities have a right to privacy? Do they owe us anything? Are the media being dicks as per usuall? etc.

Discuss

Janderson said:

Do you think that we have the right to know every little thing that celebrities do? Or do Celebrities have a right to privacy? Do they owe us anything?

Celebrities, like everyone else, have rights to privacy. The public also has the right to know every little thing that happens in public. Their occupation or "status" shouldn't provide them with any more or less rights than anyone else.

The media is just a bunch of dicks who should be telling us more important shit like what's actually going on in the world rather than whitewashed shit, propaganda, and bullshit about celebrities.

celebrities are just fucking annoying. whine whine bitch whine when someone takes a photo of them without their makeup / tits hanging out, ca-ching when it comes to doing an advertisement with their tits hanging out for whatever insipid product lifestyle gurus have decided we all must drool over.

advertising is in my face everywhere I look, I know what britney's / david beckham's tits look like better than my own, I get blasted with shit music 24 hours a day from shitface spears and the likes. They invade my personal space, I will invade theirs in return with glee and you can bet your ass I will be first in line at rotten when she dies in a car crash and her intestines are hanging out next to her tits for the big final photoshoot.

synopsis - cunts.

mallis said:

celebrities are just fucking annoying. whine whine bitch whine when someone takes a photo of them without their makeup / tits hanging out, ca-ching when it comes to doing an advertisement with their tits hanging out for whatever insipid product lifestyle gurus have decided we all must drool over.

advertising is in my face everywhere I look, I know what britney's / david beckham's tits look like better than my own, I get blasted with shit music 24 hours a day from shitface spears and the likes. They invade my personal space, I will invade theirs in return with glee and you can bet your ass I will be first in line at rotten when she dies in a car crash and her intestines are hanging out next to her tits for the big final photoshoot.

synopsis - cunts.

i love this post especially the 2nd to last line

I find it quite sad that the news has pretty much destroyed all reason for the E! Network to exist, considering that they both report the same things.

They can't have it both ways. You can't be a media darling and demand "all eyes on me! I'm the center of attention"... then turn around and say "except now". Nobody gives a damn what "celebrities" do who don't make spectacles of themselves... but those that make jackasses of themselves in public, live a life of ridiculous amenities... then it's their own damn fault for being gawked at. Just like the gawdy shit they buy.

Perhaps the problem is that acting or professional sports or whathaveyou is no longer perceived as just another job. You know, the kind where your dignity is on the line for the luxury of a next meal.

That said: if I have to convince a customer that I'm genuinely enthusiastic about him buying a $30 value package, then it's only fair that Natalie Portman should do DVDA.

It's society's fault. People are screwed up. It's retarded, and I can't understand why they can't stop gawking. I guess it's some sort of fantasy escape from their own pathetic existence. Well, if your life is really that worthless, that you have to live vicariously through movie stars, you really need to reconsider things. Get a hobby. Find something to make your own life more worthwhile.

On the celebrity side of things, I see their point, I guess, if only because what they do shouldn't matter to us common folk. Sure, we have a right to know all those juicy details (if it's public), but that doesn't make it any less weird.

Am I the only person scared of advertising, by the way? Like, I'm genuinely concerned that advertisers are just going to invade our lives more and more. It's really pissing me off. Mark my words, there will come a day when we ahve microchips in our heads, beaming us retarded commercials for products we have no intention of ever buying 24 hours a day. And thanks to the advertising lobby, they'll be required. Well forget it. The day that happens is the day I declare war on the United States.

geekmarine said:

Am I the only person scared of advertising, by the way? Like, I'm genuinely concerned that advertisers are just going to invade our lives more and more. It's really pissing me off. Mark my words, there will come a day when we ahve microchips in our heads, beaming us retarded commercials for products we have no intention of ever buying 24 hours a day. And thanks to the advertising lobby, they'll be required. Well forget it. The day that happens is the day I declare war on the United States.

Haven't you ever seen futurama, they're going to beam commercials directly into our dreams.

Oh yeah, and in relation to the thread, celebrities are retarded and so are the people who pay attention to all those mundane details.

mallis said:

synopsis - cunts.

^
All true. Expect being first in line at rotten :)

Anyway, I'm sure many people here, this thread even, would do great as pop stars. Isn't posting regularly in a public Forum similar, in its own petty way? Especially when it's done in that particular dramatic fashion we all know and love.

Scuba Steve summed up my attitude to this question perfectly and mallis summed up my attitude to the media hungry freaks known as celebrities who are foisted upon us all the time.

It is possible to be a well known actor/whatever and not be one of these ridiculous over-hyped "celebrities" who court the media and give interviews about their current romantic entanglements, or give guided tours of their homes to glossy magazines, or do something so-called outrageous (read contrived) to grab a headline etc only to bitch when the very same paper/tv station they courted prints some unauthorised piece of tat about them that they don't like.

If they really wanted privacy, they could have it - many stars manage this. However the "celebrities" don't want that. They want public interest but they only want it on their own terms. They cunningly craft interviews, situations, appearances and stunts to get as much media attention as they can. They use the media to their advantage. When it all goes wrong for them and they get attention they don't want, they may bitch but IMO they are getting what they deserve.

But the saddest thing is that weak minded fools suck it up in their millions. The people who buy into it are far more of a problem than the media or the celebrities. Without the people who watch/read all the garbage written about celebrities this would be a non-issue. The bland, mind numbed fools who seem to have to live their lives vicariously and who seem to comprise far too large a proportion of the human population are being fed by all this. It is an insatiable appetite - but it's one that a never ending stream of nobody-celebrities, people famous for being famous and paparazzi journalists are all too willing to try and feed.

The second a person sells out (takes and amount from Media, TV or Hollywood) they have just sold out their privacy along with it. *PEOPLE SAW ME AT THE NUDE BEACH... OH NO!!!* Please... Get over it! Take the millions of dollars you make and see a fucking therapist.

You want your privacy... give up all your money/material possesions and live on the street in a cardboard box. I guarantee people will leave you alone, (well maybe not the cops) maybe even go out of the way to avoid you.

I'm sorry but the more money you have the less privacy you get and vice versa.

I guess we all still think the media sucks, but what about privacy from the fans themselves? What if they are walking (alone or with their kids) along the beach and they get mobbed by people screaming for autographs? Do they deserve this attention then when they are out of 'media mode?'

Is there anything that anyone can do about it? Does it really matter? I mean, what are you gonna do, magically make everyone lose all interest in celebrities? Whether they deserve it or not, they've got it, and there's nothing to be done about it, so pretty much everyone's just gotta accept it (or get people to stop obsessing).

The obsession with this fairytale MTV-celebrity life has gone way too far a long time ago. Although it's your own choice to adhere to it or not, it still influences many people's lives. When you're not perfect by MTV's standards you're a nobody. You're a nobody unless you are the best.

This puts an enormous strain on people that just don't have everything coming for them. You have to be smart, sexy, successful, young and funny or you are a loser. For some people, it may take some time before they fully realise this is utter bullshit. I myself haven't fully realised this yet; it is one of my great personal endeavours to do so.

For the sake of the falsely alleged 'losers' of the world, this MTV-culture, this dark aspect of our Western culture, must end. To think that all great cultures of history ended after a period of decadance...

myk said:

Anyway, I'm sure many people here, this thread even, would do great as pop stars. Isn't posting regularly in a public Forum similar, in its own petty way? Especially when it's done in that particular dramatic fashion we all know and love.

Do we get paid for it?

geekmarine said:

Does it really matter?

Nope, :D I'm just creating discusion which isn't religion, politics or strange science which I don't have a clue about.

Terra-jin said:
This puts an enormous strain on people that just don't have everything coming for them. You have to be smart, sexy, successful, young and funny or you are a loser.

That's how you present a product; in this case, ihe individual (subject) as merchandise.

ravage said:
Do we get paid for it?

Yeah... in DOOM wads and postcount.

i think that the tabloids are mostly responsible for the overpopularity of the stars. All of them lie. I saw my Uncle Seamus buy a copy of the National Enquirer about a year ago when he was visiting me in Chicago. I told him that they're bullshit, and he said "Bullshit? How could a magazine so truthful as the national enquirer lie to people?" Mister Gullible.

myk said:

Yeah... in DOOM wads and postcount.

And cheap whores and busicits! Woo doggie!

ravage said:
And cheap whores

Katarhyne and Nanami!

celebs have the same rights as everyone else, period. some people care about every little thing they do, but i dont. and I have the right not to. celebs have to understand that they are famous but the media has to stop acting like hypocrites. i was flipping through the tv and this one paparazzi woman was talking on E! about some celeb and how the media wouldnt stop following them and it really stressed them out and how everyone was being so stupid. of course she was one of them, but shes talking like shes above everyone else. celebs also pull a lot of stunts for publicity, so a lot of things they bring on themselves. take Lindsay Lohan, i know girls who have large breasts but they dont have any problem keeping them from popping out. and tom cruise and katie? scientology is dumb and so are they WHO CARES?

in short:
the paparazzi is stupid
the celebs are stupid
everyone who cares is stupid

BUT they all have thier rights