Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pure Energy

Whacked2 and ZDaemon, help me please!

Hey, sorry for the noob question but, i don´t even know how to start using Whacked2... i know it has friendly interface, but i just can´t make it work, for 2 reasons. 1, i edit everything but i don´t know how to save it into my .wad file. 2, i can´t make it work on ZDaemon. Could anyone help me?

add the file you create with Whacked (mydeh.deh or whatever you call it) into a wad file and rename it to DEHACKED

kristus said:

add the file you create with Whacked (mydeh.deh or whatever you call it) into a wad file and rename it to DEHACKED

When i use Whacked2, it generates a .bex file, not a .deh file... could you or anyone else put a step by step on how to make the changes and the file?? Thanks a lot!!

It doesn't matter if it's BEX (which is better) or DEH, the same procedure applies (as file type is dropped when it is imported into a WAD)

TheDarkArchon said:

It doesn't matter if it's BEX (which is better) or DEH, the same procedure applies (as file type is dropped when it is imported into a WAD)

So its that simple? I just run XWE and insert the .bex into my .wad, than rename the .bex to DEHACKED.bex?

Pure Energy said:

So its that simple? I just run XWE and insert the .bex into my .wad, than rename the .bex to DEHACKED.bex?

By the time it's in your wad XWE has changed it into a Lump File (*.lmp). However, yes, once in XWE, rename that entry to DEHACKED.

Once inside XWE DON'T use the .bex extension:
Just rename it to be DEHACKED

Thanks a lot for all your help guys! It worked, im gonna try to figure out how to change things... anyway, do anyone know how to make the Cacodemon shoot 6 Hellknight muzzles as it happens on map22 in coopbuildm.wad? Thanks