Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

Appearance of the Jewish Messiah

don't know if this topic should be under this heading or Lists, so please move it if appropriate.
Recently a longtime friend of mine, (who is an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi) told me that there is a widespread belief among his fellow Jews which indicates that the last great war in which all nations shall come against Israel, started with the U.S. attack against the Taliban in Afghanistan. He sited passages from the Zohar, the Talmud, the Midrash, and several reverred Rabbis that he says predict the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq, the timing of these events, and other details.
Since my knowledge of mystical Judaism is sketchy at best, I decided to check my friend's claims on the internet. I typed in the key words Zohar Gog and Magog. I was astounded at what I found. There appears to indeed be a strong belief among many Jews about this subject, and it appears to be centered around the appearance of their Messiah during this last great war.
I do not adhere to any of the major religious traditions, but I can't help but be made aware of so many different traditions that all say, in one way or the other, that this is the Time they have all been waiting for.

Any comments on this?

On a long enough time line, there will be places on it where it looks like it's "this time" or "that time." It works with Nostradamus, too.

Nightmare Doom said:

... He sited passages from the Zohar, the Talmud, the Midrash, and several reverred Rabbis that he says predict the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq, the timing of these events, and other details.
Any comments on this?

Of course they predicted it, they organised it!
http://english.pravda.ru/main/2002/02/06/26258.html
http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/issues/iraq/attack/consequences/2003/0227benefit.htm
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/story/11577p-10983c.html
http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=467
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/08/18/world/main519037.shtml
http://www.middleeast.org/premium/read.cgi?category=Magazine&standalone=0&num=717&month=3&year=2002&function=text
http://www.theinsider.org/news/article.asp?id=0614

"Am I emotional? Yes, my first born was murdered. Am I angry? Yes, he was killed for lies and for a PNAC Neo-Con agenda to benefit Israel. My son joined the Army to protect America, not Israel. Am I stupid? No, I know full-well that my son, my family, this nation, and this world were betrayed by a George Bush who was influenced by the neo-con PNAC agenda after 9/11. We were told that we were attacked on 9/11 because the terrorists hate our freedoms and democracy . . . not for the real reason, because the Arab-Muslims who attacked us hate our middle-eastern foreign policy. That hasn't changed since America invaded and occupied Iraq . . . in fact it has gotten worse."

-- Cindy Sheehan

Wow, it still amazes me how random stories cause all these people to try and end the world, I'm sure similar 'world will end in the last war' stories are in the Norse, Greek and Roman religions and they haven't come true, and Jesus and Tupac were still missing from the millenium.

Whether the stories are true or not, things of biblical (Koranical or Torical... or even Bhagavadical) proportions won't happen in our lifetime. So why people are trying to bring eternal death home so soon is beyond me.

Why are so many people obsessed with bringing about the end of the world? If they're unhappy with life, they can go kill themselves and leave those of us who are still having a good time down here the hell alone.

Anyway, I forsee a lot of confusion when then end finally does get here. I mean, how are we going to know whether it's the Jewish messiah's first coming or Jesus' second coming? And then squabbling over who's messiah it is, etc... Heh, maybe that'll be the cause the great war.

geekmarine said:
Why are so many people obsessed with bringing about the end of the world? If they're unhappy with life, they can go kill themselves and leave those of us who are still having a good time down here the hell alone.

It's an expression of hostility, not a suicidal note: "I feel encroaching Hell upon my accursed soul. Ye all sucketh, vile guilty ones; may Hell fall upon you too, as ye deserve."

They want revenge.

fodders said:

Fodders you need to learn that not everything on the fucking internet is true (Most of the shit your reading and mindlessly believing on the internet are created by people who are bunch of Acid heads) .

The Internet is actually much worse than the media itself.

And you need to get your head out of the sand. If you actually believe the garbage fed to you by Fox CNN etc you are complicit.

Nightmare Doom said:
The Internet is actually much worse than the media itself.

Those articles are from media sources of different sorts, not "the Internet." You are the Internet.

Not sure what fodders means exactly by "they organized it," but there's evidence that they did push to trigger it.

Still, currently Israel is evacuating a zone of conflict, not moving into it.

Don't be surprised about what your friend says; you will most often find freaky religion-related conceptions of authority, war and doom in right wing extremism.

myk said:

Still, currently Israel is evacuating a zone of conflict, not moving into it.

As the Israeli Deputy PM said last night on the BBC "Withdrawing from Gaza means the end of the peace process." I forget his reasons and cannot be arsed to go look for it at the moment

As for Nightmare Doom,

"So let us regard this as settled: what is morally wrong can never be advantageous, even when it enables you to make some gain that you believe to be to your advantage. The mere act of believing that some wrongful course of action constitutes an advantage is pernicious." Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 B.C.)

Israel will remain in control over all passage--by land, sea and air--of people and goods into and out of Gaza, essentially turning the tiny strip of land where 1.3 million Palestinians live into an immense prison colony. This will also free up Israeli forces for the even more aggressive grab of Palestinian land on the West Bank.

This goal of intensifying the occupation by withdrawing from Gaza was confirmed in stunning fashion last week by Dov Weisglass, an adviser to Sharon. “The significance of the disengagement plan is the freezing of the peace process,” Weisglass told Israel’s Ha’aretz newspaper. “And when you freeze that process, you prevent the establishment of a Palestinian state, and you prevent a discussion on the refugees, the borders and Jerusalem.

Weisglass even confirmed that unflinching support from the U.S. government played a direct role in Israel’s calculations. “Effectively, this whole package called the Palestinian state, with all that it entails, has been removed indefinitely from our agenda,” said Weisglass, “all with a presidential blessing and the ratification of both houses of Congress.”

Isrealis should stop being dicks and give back Palestine and disperse to from whence they came, or at least live with with their bum-chums in America - no offence you crazy hicks :P

fodders, you're forgetting to quote again; it took me a while to find that one.

Here's more news pointing to the conflict being further misresolved:

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N15647071.htm
http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissinfo.html?siteSect=111&sid=6010957&cKey=1124184470000
http://www.ipsnews.net/news.asp?idnews=29910
http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/cohen081505.html

Basically, like most political actions, this one involves various interests and still depends on the actions of each. Sure, the Israelite (and American) right is undoubtably ruthless, powerful, and pushes for its preferences, which could well leave the Palestinian people in continued misery, but they are not the only player in the scenario. And often it's a matter of how bad it will be, and not how good. In other words, things look like shit but they aren't set in stone.

fodders said:

And you need to get your head out of the sand. If you actually believe the garbage fed to you by Fox CNN etc you are complicit.

I actually like to form my own opinions (and I don't even watch TV for goddess sakes)

And to revise my "Internet is worse than the media" statement that the Internet
is no different than the media (except the Media has one sided opinions and the Internet is like a huge brain of other opinions but the truths and properganda are mixed all the same vice versa if you knew how to manipulate words carefully and fashon true stories with your constructed lies that made sence and made it sound true)

Have you to be careful what you read on the internet because there are loads of conwo/men that are just as greedy as the
media themselves.

Nightmare Doom said:

And to revise my "Internet is worse than the media" statement that the Internet
is no different than the media (except the Media has one sided opinions and the Internet is like a huge brain of other opinions...

I normally don't care about what sloths write on a forum, but you just made the opposing viewpoints case in your own statement. If the internet is a huge collective... then a smart individual should be able to sift through it and connect corroborating stories and deduce from there... it is nothing like a cable news channel with one opinion.

kristus said:

Religious people are fruitcakes.

Dangerous fruitcakes.

Yeah, I'm such a threat to society 9_9

Hey, why don't we just nuke the entire Israel/Palestine region? Turn it into a radioactive wasteland, you know? That way there'd be nothing left to fight over. Not that it would stop them fighting, but it'd still take away whatever semblance of an excuse they had and expose them for the dumbasses that they are.

He sited passages from the Zohar, the Talmud, the Midrash, and several reverred Rabbis that he says predict the attack on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, the attack on Afghanistan and Iraq, the timing of these events, and other details.

It's very easy to predict/ interpret stuff, after it has taken place.

Nightmare Doom said:

There appears to indeed be a strong belief among many Jews about this subject, and it appears to be centered around the appearance of their Messiah during this last great war.

Since this Jewish Messiah didn't bother to show up during World War II, I doubt he will be bothered with this much smaller conflict.

Oh wait, I forgot, never confuse religion with logic...

it isnt just the Jews, the Christians and Muslims also think that this could be the last battle.

People have been screaming "the end is nigh" for thousants of years.

Nostradamus predicted the end of the world some where round the year 2000. In fact the (third) Anti-Christ is already among us! The (second) coming of Christ should be soon.

I'm so scared...

Nostradamus hasn't really predicted anything, most of his poems are so vague as to be easily shoehorned into modern events. Half his quatrains aren't even translated correctly, especially the one about Hister supposedly being about Hitler, when in fact Hister is actually a place in Europe as opposed to a person. Some think that Nostradamus was actually writing about current history, and kept it vague intentionally so as not to arouse suspicion. You can read more about it here: Skeptic's Dictionary entry on Nostradamus.

Nightmare Doom said:

[URL=http://www.doomworld.com/linguica/jew.htm[/URL]

That so wins for using a picture from White Aryan Resistance's website AKA that place where all the racist comics on 4chan come from.