Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

Pass the gas

As always, it's that time again. Gas prices are going up and over here it's topped off (Stevens Point, WI/USA) at $2.69 as of today. Besides any comments to those who have to deal directly with this inevitable result of supply supposedly being surpassed by demand, how much is gas/petrol in your city, state and country?

I guess we have to move on to other alternive power sources (Not to metion that I have seen Solar Powered traffic lights popping around near I live)

and I also have heared that thier building a car that runs on GARBAGE.

I am American so now shall I talk of terror of price of gas more than $2 a gallon. In city of my home so high are these gas prices some are $2.34 for regular. The evil of it all!

Nightmare Doom said:

and I also have heared that thier building a car that runs on GARBAGE.

What they don't tell you is that standard diesel engines will run on almost any kind of oil, even vegetable oil.

Job said:
As always, it's that time again. Gas prices are going up and over here it's topped off (Stevens Point, WI/USA) at $2.69 as of today.

The gallon is around U$S 1.32, I think. Half your price, but income here is much less anyway.

I don't give a shit, really, since I don't have a car. The possibility of war (more like one-sided criminal abuse) do to the state of the oil industry is an issue, though.

Gas should be regualted for personal use so that it can be made cheaper for business (excluding things like entertainment) and necessity; but that's possible only if you have a solid and decent public transport system.

myk said:

; but that's possible only if you have a solid and decent public transport system.

Sadly, the US has a fairly poorly-developed public transit system - except in more bustling cities.

HobbsTiger1 said:

Bleh. Learn to quote properly. Nightmare Doom wrote that, not me.

Sorry about that.

For a while I felt that this is the reason, but now I'm starting to think that it's all bullshit because there's so much fucking oil in the earth. I think it's all because of insane greed and peak oil is just a bone for the conspiracy theorists to chew on. Besides, it helps justify Bush's Middle East invasions, which is something that should have thrown me off to begin with.

oil contains the souls of prehistoric animals, and burning them makes said souls very, very angry.

Expect ramifications shortly.

Up here it's now $3 a gallon. My mom had to spend 40 bucks on gas just to fill the van up fully. Riots are going to start soon enough. This is bad.

Bloodskull said:

Up here it's now $3 a gallon. My mom had to spend 40 bucks on gas just to fill the van up fully. Riots are going to start soon enough. This is bad.

My mum pays exactaly the same as that to fill up, but her car doesn't waste it all in 3 hours so i guess it's worth it.

There aren't going to be any riots. All that's gonna happen is people are going to bitch and whine all the way to the gas pump in their huge SUVs that get 4 mpg.

I think it's about $2.60 a gallon here. Honestly, I haven't looked at or cared about the prices for a long time...I mean, I'm going to fill up and pay anyway. Even if it was $5 or more a gallon.

By me its like $2.68-2.73, all depends on which gas station you go to.

If we used a good RENEWABLE feul, we wouldent have to worry about all this.

Inferno said:

If we used a good RENEWABLE feul, we wouldent have to worry about all this.

Hooray for ethanol! . . . or something.

Piezo said:

Hooray for ethanol! . . . or something.

Ethanol would be great where I live since there's ton of corn that's grow there every year. The gas prices are getting close to $3.00 a gallon a now. Of course, the oil companies don't want to lose their money, so they'll just keep ripping everyone off so they can have bigger profits.

Here in BC, the gas is a buck a liter, which works out to four bucks a gallon, and back in AZ, it's three bucks a gallon, not a huge leap...

North AL: roughly $2.30 a gallon.

And to think I'll be able to tell my grandkids, "When I was your age, gas was 99 cents per gallon!"

"Wow granddad, did you really have to kill the dinosaurs before you could get the oil out of their bodies?"

DC

Doom-Child said:
"Wow granddad, did you really have to kill the dinosaurs before you could get the oil out of their bodies?"

The dinosaurs were mass murdered to extinction by cavemen dreaming of BMWs and Ferraris.

in Chicago, gas prices are OVER 3 damn bucks. On the south side, the prices are horrible, so i'm thankful I'm on the gold coast. (for you non-chicagoans, the gold coast is just north of the chicago river in downtown). I mean, it's **********. Now inflation will happen. I'm gonna get a bike to ride to work.

EDIT: why is r e d i c u l o u s asterisked?

DooMer87 said:

EDIT: why is r e d i c u l o u s asterisked?

For one, it's misspelled. For two, you're apparently "FULL OF SHIT".

DC

caco_killer said:

Ethanol would be great where I live since there's ton of corn that's grow there every year. The gas prices are getting close to $3.00 a gallon a now. Of course, the oil companies don't want to lose their money, so they'll just keep ripping everyone off so they can have bigger profits.

We have 10% (soon to be 20% IIRC) ethanol gas here and it doesn't seem to keep the price down. Plus ethanol doesn't exactly give you great gas milage either. So in the end you'll probably end up paying more.