Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kelzam

They're From Hell

It's official as of QuakeCon. The monsters in the Doom movie are in fact Demons from Hell.

http://www.thetechlounge.com/article.php?directory=quakecon_day_2

Regarding the script, Jeremy mentioned that they had to revise the script over 30 times to get it just right. When asked about the basic storyline, and whether it follows with the game, Todd said “You’re on Earth, you go to Mars through a worm hole, and then you realize you’re in over your head and try to fight your way through demons from hell to get back.” Todd noted that while visiting the movie set in Prague, it felt as though he felt as though he walked from Prague into the UAC center – everything looked as it did in the game, and as though you were on Mars, just like the game. John and everyone else at Stan Winston were of course thrilled to hear that they had Todd’s approval, and then John started to talk about the various animatronics, prosthetics, and CGI work that went into the movie.

At first I thought this was a thread about Jack the Ripper...

I just saw the trailer, and it looks cool. But I'm still worried about that "last sequence of the human genome"... I hope we don't end up with resident evil 2.5, code mars.

these pics and the fact that they are demons from hell has just made my day...wish the quality of the fps sequences the guy recorded were better though, couldn't see anything!!!

That last one is labeled as a "Wall Imp" in that hard-to-read text on the picture.

Also changed the thread title.

Damn sure looks like an archvile though, with that big head..by the way, is that trailer the same teaser one that was posted online last month?

baronofhell said:

Damn sure looks like an archvile though, with that big head..by the way, is that trailer the same teaser one that was posted online last month?

The sound was crappy, but it was some from the old mixed with new footage.

Interesting. Not what I heard a month ago.

The burning question is: is that because of the overwhelmingly negative public reaction to the liberties the writers were taking with the story, or had we been hornswaggled?

Another question: do they all have to look like pink turds?

If you click on the link he provided, you could see even more shots of the demons, they look pretty cool in my opinion...Especially the imp with all those eyes, pretty freaky stuff.

Numbermind said:

The burning question is: is that because of the overwhelmingly negative public reaction to the liberties the writers were taking with the story, or had we been hornswaggled?

Who knows? Some of the old information we have is still true, some of it is false. It's on a remote unknown planet named Olduvai, but on a base on Mars named Olduvai. The Kid, Sarge, Destroyer, etc., are the actual names of the characters like said in info before the movie panels started. That the demons were humans infected with a virus couldu be eluded to by the human genome thing, but at the same time we now know they're infact demons from hell. We've heard alot of things, but what we've heard up until now doesn't matter, because now we have official sources telling us our info, whether it was true at an earlier point or not (which doesn't matter, because it is now).

this movie better be a rollercoaster of cheesy fun. no seriousness or anything. i want guys dying left and right and demons going crazy. theres really no other way for this mess to work otherwise :(

It better have a Revenant or I'll pass. BTW, was that a Pinky demon at the end of the continued scene?

So apparently it's rated R now? http://www.doommovie.com/

I haven't been following this movie, so you all might already know this. If so, my appologies. I think it might not suck.

EDIT: Duh.. it's in the article.... Timeline, heh. Either way, it's good to hear. Although with those demons, I'm sure it would have been decent even with PG13... well maybe not..

If they were aiming for an "R" rating all along, why was it "confirmed" as PG-13?

They're from Hell? YES!!!

Now throw this crappy cliche DNA stuff out and put everyone back on Phobos like they're supposed to be and I'll be happy. Seriously though, they seem to be on the right track, especially with the decision to not use CGI monsters.

Scabbed Angel said:
If they were aiming for an "R" rating all along, why was it "confirmed" as PG-13?

It was? I don't really recall that... but it's common to have different cuts for a movie before it's released, and the producers must have been discussing which version to use till not too long ago.

He's bluffing.

They're going to be aliens/mutants/whatever. No one else has said any differently, and the guys from id are known to contradict themselves over the past few years with mindless pr stuff.

Isn't that the truth. Such as with doom3 when they said you'll be able to hide in the shadows while a hell knights passes by. Or with ROE when they clearly said that the bruisers will hide as monitors in the wall and burst out at you.

Maybe you shouldn't take everything they say as if it's etched in stone.

As for the movie, whatever. We've heard from them now, the REAL official source, what the deal is. That should be good enough for you, and if it's not, then you can go put that finger up your ass.

baronofhell said:

Such as with doom3 when they said you'll be able to hide in the shadows while a hell knights passes by.

while it shouldn't be focused or forced, stealth would be a great addition to any Doom game in my opinion.

Yeah. Quake 2 had stealth elements, so why not DooM? One of the main reasons Classic DooM lacked stealth was probably just because John and John couldn't figger out the tech for it.

DoOmEr4LiFe said:

while it shouldn't be focused or forced, stealth would be a great addition to any Doom game in my opinion.

It does work in deathmatch sometimes.

that sounds a little more reassuring. I'm sure that, like all movies based on pre-existing source material, like popular novels, comic books, video games, etc., there will be something lacking. I heard the rock saying in an interview on the daily show a while back that he's gonna be the man, the bad ass, and that theres gonna be a "Bio-Force Gun". he is playing sarge, if I'm not mistaken. so will he be turned into something like the sarge boss from doom 3 using the BFG?

BTW, what up with the tounge?