• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
St. Doom

Top 3/Bottom 3

Jimi said:

Bottom 3:
1. BFG makes the Doom 1 endbosses too easy

I thought the BFG was only in Episode 3, and I actually find it quite hard to kill the Spider with the BFG, because you have to time it just right to avoid getting filled with his bullets.

The only huge monster where the BFG is effective is the Cyberdemon. But as the writer before me said, there is no spoon...err...BFG in Shores Of Hell.

To beat the Cyberdemon, you need a good pack of rockets and time. As long as you can play your dogde(sp?) game you are fine.

To beat the Mastermind, grab your plasma, run trough that corridor, drop from the ledge and just fire away.
You will get hit, but most times you will only see the pain frame of the Mastermind. ;)

But as you may know there is a Doom 1 endboss in E3M9 and in some places in Doom 2, Ultimate Doom and Final Doom and in many other maps. In Cyberden map BFG is good and doesn't make them too easy... just not enough ammo to BFG all of them.

I usually have no trouble killing the Spidermonster with BFG.. it probably hits me couple times too, but so what? I've got some blue armor and plenty of health :D

Foxpup said:

...and I actually find it quite hard to kill the Spider with the BFG, because you have to time it just right to avoid getting filled with his bullets.

It´s very easy IMO!
Just run towards the spider while your BFG charges, so the waepon fires when you´re directly in front of the monster...
after that it´s most propably history with just one shot!