Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeiHellDemonKiller

Ok, "my" "new" wads.

Would anyone be interested in stuff like, modified doom levels (meaning normal levels, just added weapons, monsters etc), in which monsters were flooded and weapons were removed (in some cases) basicly just a "beyond nightmare" skill level, or, master skill level. But these are REALLY hard, i turned level 32:Grosse, into more monsters than there are sperm in a semen droplet. But anyway, thoughts on this, if anyone would like to test a level to see what i mean, feel free to ask for one, lvls 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 31 and 32 are available.

In the early DOOM times there were a lot of wads like that. Ask yourself if you'd play a wad like that made by someone else. Still I admit they may be very fun for personal use, specially editing pwads to fit the kind of gameplay you like.

Still there are some few exceptions like punisher.wad or Plutonia Map:32 that are very fun. The diference is that both were made by a very skilled and popular author, they modified the estructure (architecture) of the map, retextured some parts, added new textures, and the best of them (the one of Plutonia) is included in an oficial wad, and as a secret level.

The Dwango series also use modified maps, and are ultra popular in the multiplayer comunity, but that's other story.

Personaly I wouldn't play wad like that unless it's made by a popular (because of previews good works) and skilled author, with some interesting modifications in the layout and architecture of the maps. And still it must be very good or I'd only try it for 3 mins.

DeiHellDemonKiller said:

Would anyone be interested in stuff like, modified doom levels (meaning normal levels, just added weapons, monsters etc), in which monsters were flooded and weapons were removed (in some cases) basicly just a "beyond nightmare" skill level, or, master skill level. But these are REALLY hard, i turned level 32:Grosse, into more monsters than there are sperm in a semen droplet. But anyway, thoughts on this, if anyone would like to test a level to see what i mean, feel free to ask for one, lvls 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 31 and 32 are available.

By "REALLY hard", do you simply mean tens of thousands of monsters with not nearly enough ammunition, or carefully orchestrated encounters that take full advantage of each monster's capabilities? I'm thinking its the former.

So you're going to take stock Doom and Doom II levels, rearrange weapons and ammo, and crampack them full of monsters. Something we've all seen a million times and have done ourselves.

SOUNDS LIEK FUN LOL.

I clicked this thread hoping to find some new maps to play.

Instead I find this.

You've broken my heart, DeiHellDemonKiller :(

Been there seen it done that.
Altough they might be interesting to play through, but I think most players think otherwise.
I was really hoping to see some brand new wads made by you :(

This is an...interesting...concept, but it will probably just be some lame shit unfortunately.

I used to like the fact that these levels are modified because of the extra challenge, but I don't like em' anymore because they are the exact level design and still remains unorigional. You'll probably play it once then forget about it, really.

if you can make this why dont you make your own levels( i reckon it is much more fun! )

for all i could know, you could be an awesome mapper but until i know who am i to say.

make your OWN maps!

Play the Nightmare skill level using PWADs like Alien Vendetta and Hell Revealed 2. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun, overall, but it sounds better than what you're suggesting.

Ok, you guys have got the wrong impession, of course i wont make normal maps, i might have been a little unclear, but, i made them, say, like the level "Go to it" in final doom. You know, really really hard, but still not the same old maps we all know. So, thats what im doing. ok?

udderdude said:

I clicked this thread hoping to find some new maps to play.

Thread title edited slightly to reduce the chance of anyone else suffering this level of disappointment.

Really, DeiHellDemonKiller, people understand what you're saying, but there have been lots of modified id maps of this type. They were mostly in the very early days, and more often than not because people didn't have the skill or the tools to create their own maps. You can't expect people to be interested in them nowadays.

If people want an extreme challenge on maps with a high monster population, there are plenty of good and original pwads of that type for them to choose from. These wads have the benefit that they were designed from scratch to accommodate lots of monsters and to play well in those circumstances.

DeiHellDemonKiller said:

K, WHATEVER

now that's an appropriate response...

HA